The Differences Between Complete Whey, EvoPro, Muscle Milk, CytoGainer

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Cytosport is very popular in here, and there's been some confusion on the difference between their designer powders. Here's a basic breakdown. If you don't know the differences between these whey powder types, check my "Protein Powder Primer" thread. Maltodextrin is a medium-chain carbohydrate powder (corn starch).

In order of composition:

Complete Whey
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate

EvoPro
Whey Protein Concentrate
Casein Protein (specifically the best kind: Micellar Membrane Casein)

Muscle Milk
EvoPro
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT's)
Maltodextrin (almost none)
Added Glutamine

CytoGainer
Maltodextrin
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
Added Glutamine
Creatine

Note: This is also to correct bad information I gave you. CytoGainer does not include MCT's.

thanks mick. is there a good amt of casein in the evopro? i think im gonna buy some of that too. good info.

The EvoPro is the formula they use in the Muscle Milk (they just add thehydrolysates, MCT's and the scant amount of Maltodextrin).

Yes, there is a good amount of casein. There is more casein in EvoPro than whey.

Madmick said:
Cytosport is very popular in here, and there's been some confusion on the difference between their designer powders. Here's a basic breakdown. If you don't know the differences between these whey powder types, check my "Protein Powder Primer" thread.

Complete Whey
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate

EvoPro
Whey Protein Concentrate
Casein Protein (specifically the best kind: Micellar Membrane Casein)

Muscle Milk
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
Casein Proteins (a blend)
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT's)
Maltodextrin (almost none)
Added Glutamine

CytoGainer
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
Maltodextrin
Added Glutamine
Creatine

Note: This is also to correct bad information I gave you. CytoGainer does not include MCT's.

So with MCT's I dont need to eat carbs when Im drinking MM?

Ted-P thats correct, the MCTs will burn as energy so you dont need carbs. I still mix my MM with milk though, hasnt made me fat yet.

Back