The Democrats who betrayed their voters in exchange for money

Back at you. You're the one claiming it's all lip service from politicians. I doubt it's even one in ten, much less a majority.
I've got a lifetime worth of watching nothing change.

I have a memory of @Fawlty posting, I think here, something along the lines of "sniper is usually right with his predictions" someone find that post please

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

I have a memory of @Fawlty posting, I think here, something along the lines of "sniper is usually right with his predictions" someone find that post please
It probably had to do with predicting stuff that happens on the forum.

We'll have plenty more of these to match in the general public, who say they support the idea of medicine as a human right, yet move up a couple tax brackets and start getting nervous. I can see it happening already as support for UHC grows.

LOL

Man, you are all in. Bravo.

I'm sure nothing like that ever happened when big pharm & Insurance met the steely eyed junior Senator from Illinois tho.

He actually wrote fairly candidly about the influence that big money donors has on politicians and how their positions change over time as a result of it. He didn't exclude himself from susceptibility to that form of influence. He also said that it requires a balancing act because big money donors aren't necessarily wrong on the issues just because they have more money than the little guy. So you listen because they might be right, not just because they're contributing, and in the act of listening you risk being influenced. And sometimes the politician has to step back and take an honest assessment of if they have gone off track.

https://theintercept.com/2018/08/02/healthcare-medicare-for-all-hawaii/

This is a long, motherfucking article and I didn't break it down for you. Basically, The Intercept got its hands on the dossiers from the largest healthcare-industry lobby in America and has discovered that certain Democrats have publicly supported "medicare for all" while privately agreeing to oppose it in exchange for contributions.
Sounds like your typical swamp monster to me, regardless of their political lean.

Which is it, then? First you accuse me of being a zealot, then shift to implying I'm a hypocrite. Those are opposites.
Wow. it's tougher for you than I thought. Those concepts are hardly mutually exclusive and not only that, but most, if not all zealots are total hypocrites.

Wow. it's tougher for you than I thought. Those concepts are hardly mutually exclusive and not only that, but most, if not all zealots are total hypocrites.
Meh, I think you know what I mean. I believe in UHC enough that I'm all in, so that in your mind means I'm less likely to believe in it?

What do you actually think I believe w/healthcare? You know enough about me to answer that.

We'll have plenty more of these to match in the general public, who say they support the idea of medicine as a human right, yet move up a couple tax brackets and start getting nervous. I can see it happening already as support for UHC grows.

I'm sure there are plenty more in Chicago. And I'd like to know who so I can vote them the fuck out of my state. HI needs to take action on these fucks.

Back