The David De Gea Situation

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I can't remember a situation quite like this happening before in football. What a complete mess!

So, DDG was supposed to be moving to Real Madrid all summer only for the transfer not to go through before they missed the transfer deadline by a few minutes! ManUtd are blaming Madrid, Madrid are blaming Man Utd.

Personally I think it's United's fault. They have a huge ego, even more so with Van Gaal in charge and I think there is a "we're too big to be pushed around" type of mentality going on at Old Trafford. I reckon ManUtd definitely felt pushed around by Madrid and De Gea and naturally weren't in a hurry to get the deal done.

Van Gaal dropping De Gea to the bench and not playing him all season, as well as Valdes is a reflection of this ego.

Whoever is to blame. It's too late now and De Gea stays at Man Utd, but what happens now?? Is Van Gaal going to pick De Gea in the next team selection of leave him out cuz of pride/ego?? If DDG concedes a few goals, makes mistakes, are the fans going to turn on him?? If DDG doesn't get picked at all and is left to rot on the bench, this could effectively ruin his career, as players at the top level need to stay active.

Do Real Madrid come back for him in January? Or get him on the free next summer??

Sooooo many questions .... What a complete mess!

giphy.gif

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

100% it is on DDG and Real Madrid. De Gea made it clear he wanted to go to Madrid but his contract wasn't up. Real Madrid wanted him as well, great. United wanted 30 million. Madrid offered 22 and never moved on that offer. United did not accept. This is how transfers work. Real Madrid can now sign him on a free transfer next summer. If they wanted him now they could have bid the 30 that was being asked. Whatever happened last minute is irrelevant. It actually hurts Manchester because they will lose De Gea for nothing. Man Utd knows 100% that De Gea is leaving. They've brought in Sergio Romero as a new keeper. Why would they continue investing in, and developing a player that has no future at the club? It makes no sense. Despite their club stature, Man Utd is going through a rebuild of sorts. They need to focus on their club, and only their club. They are under no obligation to strengthen the assets of their rivals. De Gea can, and likely will ride the bench until he gets his wish next summer.

to think that man united fans didn't like ddg when he first started for the team. now they can't let go of him

Back