The Dagestanis are just the tip of the iceberg | WAIT UNTIL THE KALMYKS COME | #RUSSIANUMBERONE

Ethnic Russians (Slavs) are the best material for MMA fighters.

Fedor Emelianenko, Vitali Minakov, Sergei Kharitonov - the best Russian mma fighters.

what sports do these amazing athletes compete in?
i'll warn TEAM USA men's basketball, and USA swimming that these superior athletes are coming for them in Rio and then they'll come dominate the NFL
This.^^

These threads pop up every so often with names and media that a handful of people in the world have ever heard of; these beasts of feast are medalled, out-of-this-world and going to take over.

Meh.

Used to get interested and excited over the elevation of competition and shakeups that would ensue, but nothing ever comes of it. Satoshi Ishii comes to mind; I was pumped watching him as a judoka, waiting for him to step into MMA, but guess what? He did, and the gold medallist just lost to a 38-year-old Page.

These guys in the UFC can throw hands, take kicks, change levels, get on the ground, defend from the ground...you name it. Chiefly, they have an X-factor that not many people in the world have. It lies outside athletics and can't be scouted for, awarded a trophy or distilled into a statistic - I liken it to death before dishonour, but another name might just be balls. Rare, boys; that chit is rare.

The grass isn't always greener; we're always looking elsewhere but have right now an incredible pool of talent in the UFC - they set the ever-rising ceiling, or standard, for the sport for a reason. I would love to see this Sadulaev bloke take combat sport to the next level but it's hard to hold my breath for it.

Cheers though, TS, for the look-out.

Much like Joe Rogan, Much of this forum also gets a hard on at the mere mention of the word "Russian."

are they white and non-muslims?

if so, big numbers on sherdog. big numbers, man.

i'll warn TEAM USA men's basketball, and USA swimming that these superior athletes are coming for them in Rio and then they'll come dominate the NFL

umm, there aren't many Caucus Russians in the world yet they dominate all the Olympic medal counts.

Like literally every medal the Russian Olympic team wins probably comes from Chechnya, Dagestan, or some other tiny Caucus Republic most of the world is unfamiliar with.

they compete in the war AKA martial sports.

No-one bothers with the NFL, NBA or MLB outside the States. Of course Americans dominate them.

Sure, I want to see Abdulrashid Sadulaev try mma, imagine what he could do, he would probably the best and most accomplished wrestler to ever step into mma.
I'd love to see him cross over to MMA for sure.

Yes....MMA needs as many Olympic caliber athletes as possible.

15OPWORLDSD5P5954.jpg

Did he win the smallest penis award?

USADA exempt Russian athletes! If USADA doesn't comply, Putin threatens them with nukes.

Seems like many of the eastern European prospects don't end up in the UFC.

Some of these guys are more likely to end up in Rizin or maybe Road, EFN and even Bellator over the UFC.

Probably a few reasons for this.

I hope he makes the transitions after winning that gold medal.

Plus he's only like 21-22 ?
Yeah, I have him to get that gold without much trouble, he is just too good. Yep, he is only 20.

just so you know 1/200 of all men on earth are descended from Genghis Khan, so that's nothing special.

Well... most Russian athletes won't be at Rio...

Back