THE CROW Reboot (First Look at Bill Skarsgard as the New Crow, post #166)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen it. Not a fan of that series.

Neither was I at first, but once I got into it, it was great. It has pretty epic lore.

Momoa was really good in SG Atlantis. He played a member of a warrior race who had been tagged by the big bad guys in that show and set free so they could hunt him for sport.

An old football buddy of mine who ended up in films and TV played another of those "runners" in one episode.

Here they're examining the device to see if they can remove it but it's grafted to his spine.

2i9tphe.jpg

I loved the entire series. It took a while to get past some things, but the universe they created is pretty spectacular.

Here's the gif I have to post every time there's a major update.

200w_d.gif

It's like a tradition.

Other than Game of Thomas anything Mamoa has been attached to has been a pile of shit.
Eh, Road to Palamo wasn't too bad. I kinda liked it.

And I swear it's not just bc he smoked cigarettes in it and rode a motorbike x:

Please tell me you didn't think I needed that clarified.
To be fair to me, your reply did imply that I made an absolute, and that your post would refute that absolute statement. If you had thrown a "don't forget this guy" or something in the body of your post, I would have known that you understood that, and wouldn't have felt the need for clarification.

You know.... Alternative rockers in a run down metropolis, played by huge, roided superhero actors.

I've read the graphic novel a few times over and seen the film dozens of times. Obviously anything can be recrafted in a new era and done well if the right minds are put on the project, but I foresee this being just another pile of shit.

On the bright side, it can't be worse than the one with Edward Furlong and Tito Ortiz.

I think Tito was the better actor between those 2 BTW,

To be fair to me, your reply did imply that I made an absolute, and that your post would refute that absolute statement. If you had thrown a "don't forget this guy" or something in the body of your post, I would have known that you understood that, and wouldn't have felt the need for clarification.

So you do think I'm an idiot who didn't understand that tiny sentence.

:oops:

On the bright side, it can't be worse than the one with Edward Furlong and Tito Ortiz.

I think Tito was the better actor between those 2 BTW,

Never count out a good-for-laughs movie.

Death Warrent (Van Damme)
Lone Wolf McQuaid (Chuck Norris)
Basically every Edward Furlong movie (besides the two greats)

What the fuck? Brandon Lee isn't a good actor but he didnt hinder this awesome movie.

Shit, the soundtrack alone should make you fall in love.

I thought brandons acting was actually quite good in this and showed promise for future roles.

Anyway i like the movie but the script was a bit weak and left alot to be desired but the acting from lee and wincott and others did a decent job at covering it up.

I don't think he's got the acting chops.
I tend to agree. Not like Brandon was a world class actor, but Aqua man here is only good at kicking butt and being big and scary. He's not really the Eric Draven type.

He is the GOAT Khal Drogo, and I don't think that he should be anything else.

In fact, they should have poisoned him IRL too.

I saw him in Conan and regretted it.

I saw the old series and quickly lost interest, premise was good but still fell short.

Too jacked.

Anyway, I thought homeboy from Dracula Untold was attached to star in it?

Too jacked.

Anyway, I thought homeboy from Dracula Untold was attached to star in it?

Luke Evans dropped out of the role. Then Jack Huston was cast as the lead but had to exit after a few months due to a scheduling conflict.

Update: January 24, 2015

Luke Evans Officially Drops Out of Relativity's THE CROW Reboot

RYvqhSb.jpg

Relativity and director Corin Hardy are searching for a new star for The Crow reboot, as Luke Evans has officially exited the project to pursue other projects, his publicist has confirmed to TheWrap. With comic book movies all the rage these days, The Crow is a high-profile project in Relativity’s development stable. The reboot was seen as having plenty of potential given the original film’s status as a cult classic.

Evans was poised to play Eric Draven when F. Javier Gutierrez was attached to direct The Crow, but production was delayed and with no new start date in sight, Evans was forced to pass and move on. He made statements to that effect in December during press rounds for The Hobbit but there was always the hope that Relativity could convince him to stick around as it scrambled to find a new filmmaker after Gutierrez left to direct Rings for Paramount.

Hardy signed on in early December but has been busy with post-production on his feature debut The Hallow, which premieres at Sundance this week. Now that Evans has officially parted ways with the project, Hardy will have the opportunity to put together his own vision for the film. Evans made his final decision in the wake of Dracula Untold’s international success of ($215 million worldwide) before Relativity hired Hardy, who will start meeting with new actors soon.

Luke Evans Officially Drops Out of ‘The Crow’ Reboot; Relativity Seeking New Star

Update: June 15, 2015

Jack Huston Exits THE CROW as Studio Seeks Replacement

Jy7WOyh.jpg

Jack Huston has dropped out of The Crow, Variety has learned. The Boardwalk Empire star was slated to take on the role originated by Brandon Lee in the 1994 film of the same, but had to drop out due to scheduling issues. The Crow is currently in pre-production in Wales.

“Jack Huston is unfortunately unavailable to continue with us on ‘The Crow,'” said director Corin Hardy in a statement. “‘The Crow’ is an amazing project, and I am grateful that we have the time and patience to get it right. We look forward to unveiling our new lead and starting to film over the next several weeks.”

Relativity Studios is backing the film, and is eyeing Nicholas Hoult and Jack O’Connell, among others, as possible replacements. The studio is currently in negotiations to bring Forest Whitaker on board the project in another role, according to a source close to Relativity. Huston’s upcoming projects include Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and the starring role in Ben-Hur.

Jack Huston Exits The Crow; Nicholas Hoult and Jack O'Connell Eyed to Replace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back