• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Cost of Pro-Life: US now has (by far) highest maternal death rate in developed world

So this begs the question, is it better to have a baby born into a world full of shitheads and possible drugs and possible abuse or abort the fetus and save everyone the trouble but offend religious people?
I think we should have drive through abortions. Just a shotgun loaded with rock salt they blast the baby with. Since it’s just cells there’s no way prochoice people should be offended. I mean I can do that with a mole I cut off. How is this different.

I think we should have drive through abortions. Just a shotgun loaded with rock salt they blast the baby with. Since it’s just cells there’s no way prochoice people should be offended. I mean I can do that with a mole I cut off. How is this different.

Again Mr. Dramatic arrives. Everything seems to be extreme to you which explains your positions on everything.

Why are you pro choice until the baby arrives? Once it's born it's poor and needs handouts that you don't want to give it.

I'll wait for an extreme dramatic answer

Ooooooh. Not word for word. Just directly blames pro life
Pro-Life politicians and policies. That's not the same as attributing it to abortion. Not even close.

Question, "Do you think it would be tougher for women to get care if women's health clinics were systematically defunded, and shut down?"

Whoa, whoa, whoa. The OP is fundamentally flawed. I am pro-choice (irrelevant to the conversation, but included), but a bunch of people who are advocated for an end to legal abortion is not impacting complications experienced by mothers during childbirth. That does not even make scientific sense in the slightest. Political opinions and the rise in childbirth complications are not correlated. This is just a really shitty attempt to insert partisan nonsense into what should be a conversation in the medical community about healthcare (access, training, standards of care, etc), lifestyle and environmental impacts on fetuses/expectant mothers, etc.

This thread gets a 0/10

Whoa, whoa, whoa. The OP is fundamentally flawed. I am pro-choice (irrelevant to the conversation, but included), but a bunch of people who are advocated for an end to legal abortion is not impacting complications experienced by mothers during childbirth. That does not even make scientific sense in the slightest. Political opinions and the rise in childbirth complications are not correlated. This is just a really shitty attempt to insert partisan nonsense into what should be a conversation in the medical community about healthcare (access, training, standards of care, etc), lifestyle and environmental impacts on fetuses/expectant mothers, etc.

This thread gets a 0/10
Look at clinic locations, service availability, and funding. Stop focusing on just the abortion aspect. This is a secondary consequences issue.

I think its ridiculous
Let’s a say a couple are in a committed, loving relationship. Fuck it, let’s say they’re married for a few years and decide to have a child.

The wife gets pregnant and all is going well until there are significant complications that threaten her life. Should she not abort? From the pro life perspective , wouldn’t it make sense to preserve the life of the mother so that she can create life again later ?
I think you are mistaking me as an anti abortion person. Im not.

I just dont think this line of reasoning is the best way to convince pro lifers (or whatever they are called) to be pro choicers. I think it better if we focus our energy on teaching people to be responsible, rather than teaching them that doctors can fix the problem (that they created) by vacuuming babies out that they dont want.

I'm pro choice, but don't try scaring people in to being pro choice. Fear mongering is why trump is the president (thank you, dems)

I think its ridiculous

I just dont think this line of reasoning is the best way to convince pro lifers (or whatever they are called) to be pro choicers. I think it better if we focus our energy on teaching people to be responsible, rather than teaching them that doctors can fix the problem (that they created) by vacuuming babies out that they dont want.

I'm pro choice, but don't try scaring people in to being pro choice. Fear mongering is why trump is the president (thank you, dems)
This thread is about the deleterious secondary impacts of Pro-Life policies though.

I think its ridiculous

Well thanks for clarifying. I thought you were saying something very different.

So this begs the question, is it better to have a baby born into a world surrounded by shitheads and possible drugs and possible abuse or abort the fetus and save everyone the trouble but offend religious people?

It better for everyone to prevent the unwanted pregnancy in the first place especially for the baby.

I'm all for free or reduced priced birth control for anyone over the age of consent or with parents permission for those under age.

Not really. .
If she's willing to have unprotected sex that is mostly on her.
She can either use contraception or decline sex until her partner does.
Pulling out isn't a panacea for unwanted pregnancy. Its rare, but still possible.

But isn't it also on him since he's also willing to have unprotected sex? He can also use contraception or decline sex until his partner does.

It better for everyone to prevent the unwanted pregnancy in the first place especially for the baby.

I'm all for free or reduced priced birth control for anyone over the age of consent or with parents permission for those under age.

Completely agree but we both know that isn't going to happen. Young kids make mistakes, poor people don't always have access to preventative care or don't take the time and effort to find it. Society will NEVER stop having unwanted pregnancies so we need to deal with the issue knowing that to be the case. People like @cincymma79 can only see things on extreme levels so we talk about abortion and he talks about drive thru abortions using shotguns. He doesn't talk about making birth control more accessible, he doesn't talk about beefing up adoption practices and making it easier to adopt. The far right are against abortion, against birth control and against entitlements. What does that leave?

Again Mr. Dramatic arrives. Everything seems to be extreme to you which explains your positions on everything.

Why are you pro choice until the baby arrives? Once it's born it's poor and needs handouts that you don't want to give it.

I'll wait for an extreme dramatic answer
Where was that ever my position
Show the post

But isn't it also on him since he's also willing to have unprotected sex? He can also use contraception or decline sex until his partner does.
He is not without responsibility. She has to carry the burden of unintended consequences. Its her body; her rules.

Pro-Life politicians and policies. That's not the same as attributing it to abortion. Not even close.

Question, "Do you think it would be tougher for women to get care if women's health clinics were systematically defunded, and shut down?"
Who’s for closing them? They just don’t want them doing abortions, especially with tax dollars.

Who’s for closing them? They just don’t want them doing abortions, especially with tax dollars.
The secondary effects are that they close down because so much funding is scuttled. Look at Texas for a plethora of examples.

i saw a report online about this, the closure of rural hospitals maternity units had a big impact, some mothers had a two hour drive when complications set in, and southern red states had the worst record, particularly ones that had refused to expand obamacare.

Look at clinic locations, service availability, and funding. Stop focusing on just the abortion aspect. This is a secondary consequences issue.

This thread is about the deleterious secondary impacts of Pro-Life policies though.

The article seems to think its about pro-life, but the evidence doesn't support it.
Do you think that abortion clinics are more available in Iran, where its essentially illegal, than the US?
Because our maternal death rate has just surpassed theirs.

Where did I put ALL responsibility on women?
Point it out. Be exact.

Dude you know I think your a great poster but are you really going to put all the weight of your rebuttal on the use of the word "mostly"?

I don't gif a lot but as I channel my inner teenage girl in me, I have to LOL, SMH, ROFLCOPTER.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back