• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Conor special treatment/favoritism continues.......

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This has been pointed out for a long time on Sherdog. We all know why Conor gets favoritism (Sales, money), but that isn't going to stop anyone from complaining about it. If something is unfair to the competition it's going to be talked about and this is clearly unfair.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...rier-2-with-winner-getting-title-shot-mma-ufc

Dana wants to see Conor get another title shot with a win over Dustin. Conor has had two official fights at LW. The first title shot against Eddie being clear (favoritism), and the next one also being a title shot where he got absolutely mauled by Khabib. When you look at it objectively like you would with any other fighter in the UFC it's absurd to think he should get ANOTHER title shot off of one win. Of course though no one is surprised. The UFC's cash cow will get every push he can get.

Last edited:
I don't like this fight because I don't want to see Dustin or Conor lose - they are too valuable for this division.

They should've let Conor sleep Kevin Lee

Don't underestimate Dustin (with hair) at LW.

everyone's counting dustin out, like connor's got this in the bag, hope he wins so all you eat yiur words and then they do a trilogy with dustin?

everyone's counting dustin out, like connor's got this in the bag, hope he wins so all you eat yiur words and then they do a trilogy with dustin?

Just to be clear I am not counting Dustin out. I'm responding to that idea that Dana wants to give him a title shot IF he beat Dustin.

Dustin is fully capable of beating the shit out of Conor.

Or maybe they want to get rid of Connor... if Dustin manages to beat him its pretty much over.

A mediocre Nate vs. Conner 3 would follow and then the interest will be gone.

Conor has lost only once at 155, and it was against the (possible) goat at the weightclass. Add to that he's the undefeated former champ at 145, was the first double champ in the UFC, and it's not a huge stretch that he's (possibly) getting a title shot - and that's not even considering he's by far the biggest draw.

Dude, it's a BUSINESS. They are trying to make money.

They have only a handful of "stars" these days. So until they can build some new ones, they're gonna keep putting the few they have in the spotlight. I don't have a problem with that personally. If a fighter has earned special treatment, then yeah, treat 'em special.

Why is this even a thread? Conor is the biggest star in the sport. Water is wet. I'm shocked

A company protecting its best-seller is not surprising tbh.

But anyone who thinks that the UFC is about finding the true, best fighter of each division is delusional.

Conor has lost only once at 155, and it was against the (possible) goat at the weightclass. Add to that he's the undefeated former champ at 145, was the first double champ in the UFC, and it's not a huge stretch that he's (possibly) getting a title shot - and that's not even considering he's by far the biggest draw.

Getting the second belt was tainted with favoritism which was the point of this thread anyway.

How thick are people on here, if you make a company money they will look after you, this is the same in every line of work, get with it and start making your boss some money you bums.

Dude, it's a BUSINESS. They are trying to make money.

They have only a handful of "stars" these days. So until they can build some new ones, they're gonna keep putting the few they have in the spotlight. I don't have a problem with that personally. If a fighter has earned special treatment, then yeah, treat 'em special.

So Conor's fights won't sell unless they are for a belt? I don't agree.

So you would be cool then with all title shots and fights being based on popularity? You prefer the belts being completely fake then? Finding the actual best fighter in each division doesn't interest you?

Getting the second belt was tainted with favoritism which was the point of this thread anyway.

No, it wasn't really. It was the undefeated champ at 145 getting a title shot against the actual champ at 155 for a super fight, it was perfectly reasonable.

No, it wasn't really. It was the undefeated champ at 145 getting a title shot at the actual champ at 155 for a super fight, it was perfectly reasonable.

Undefeated with no defenses. Whooooppdddeeedddddooooo. Then he loses decisively to Nate and gets an immediate rematch. Clear favoritism.

I can rant about these ridiculous "super fights as well". Champion vs. champion is a joke when one or both of them has no title defenses. That isn't a super fight.

dustin will knock out conor this time.

I don't like this fight because I don't want to see Dustin or Conor lose - they are too valuable for this division.

They should've let Conor sleep Kevin Lee

LMAO as if that would happen.

Kevin Lee is much more important than Dustin and he would most likely end Conor's MMA career for good. 2 onesided beatdowns in a row would destroy Conor mentally and his fickle fans would leave him out to dry.

Dustin and Gaethje are Conor's only fights at LW where he is most likely to win. He has too big of a chance of losing to the other guys, thats the only reason he is being given a guy who he has beaten before.

No, it wasn't really. It was the undefeated champ at 145 getting a title shot against the actual champ at 155 for a super fight, it was perfectly reasonable.
nah reasonable would be having a few defences, atleast one and then getting a shot at the weightclass above.

Back