The Conor effect

Cro Cod

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm a long time fight fan but new to the forum or any UFC forum for that matter.

I am curious to know how long this forum has been a Conor dominated board?

Also was it similar for big names such as Brock?

Thank you and good night.

I don't remember some much fanfare for just one fighter...

He has taken over.

tumblr_nixjynN58x1qcgr7io1_500.jpg

Nobody knows who is Conor here

We all for Nate Diaz tbh

Not always no, however currently and every time he has a fight lined up these here boards turn to absolute dog shit.

It was Mark Hunt for a bit during his steroid tirades...

From my view, 2016. I'm at the point where I can barely take 2016 members seriously until I ascertain if they're McGriders or not. It's sad.

I don't remember some much fanfare for just one fighter...

He has taken over.

tumblr_nixjynN58x1qcgr7io1_500.jpg

And the haters are next level too. One of the funniest things I heard on these forums, was when Conor lost to Nate. And someone said "We're not just here to part, we're here to bend over" :p

God Damn! That was legendary shit. I was in stitches.

<41>

Bork%2BTaker%2Bsit%2Bup.gif

I'm a long time fight fan but new to the forum or any UFC forum for that matter.

I am curious to know how long this forum has been a Conor dominated board?

Also was it similar for big names such as Brock?

Thank you and good night.

MPPttI.gif

10/10

Brock-Lesnar-Wink.gif

I really didn't want to live long enough to see the UFC become such a clown show with freak fights, meaningless belts and rankings, and differing expectations for fighters based on who they are rather than how well they fight or whether they've earned their place.

I've been a long time lurker on here, eventually made an account after the Aldo vs McGregor fight as I couldn't get onto the forum as it had crashed (I think) - I thought having an account would give me priority over lurkers.

Obviously there's always been trolls, but before McGregor you'd never have someone storm on here and call professional MMA fighters "bums" or try and 'trash talk' anyone that has an opinion that contrasts their's - not only is that annoying, it's incredibly cringeworthy.

I would have thought the buzz would have been more after the Aldo fight rather than Diaz 1&2 but I can't imagine more threads on Conor than there are right now.

I am wary to moan about the amount of Conor threads, in a Conor thread made by me. Still though.

I know personally Conor blessed my bum life by knocking out Aldo in 13 seconds. Things have been on the up and up since

I dont think the board is dominated by conor hugers. imo it has a decent balance.

But conor fans are loud and talk too much. (create many threads, and post on every thats about him) And its overwhelming.
Because of that i think there should be a conor sub forum. Too much noise with the other stuff.

Last edited:
There were Chael Sonnen, Brock Lesnar, Tito Ortiz etc before him. I guess he is the biggest though. People like to pretend Brock was bigger due to size but thats some outdated 80's-90's level homosexual mentality towards big men with muscles. But yeah Brock was big during his time.

Back