• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Returns June 13, 2024; Season 5 Will Be the Final Season)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Looks like season 5 will be the last:

That is good though. Too many shows hang around longer than they should. That is something Breaking Bad got absolutely perfect, go out at the peak.

That is good though. Too many shows hang around longer than they should. That is something Breaking Bad got absolutely perfect, go out at the peak.

Yep 5 seasons is great and a good time to end the show.

He didn't want this to get the Supernatural treatment too lol

Just finished the 2nd episode. Whew its a lot going on. I'm enjoying it.

ending on season 5 is definitely for the best. there’s only so many ways they can write themselves around not killing Homelander
No way! The last method was the best! Super kid gets shoulder checked into the boards and 3 seasons of kill Homelander for raping and lasering my wife to death is erased and now Homelander is my friend. Geeze. I'm still butthurt about it!

I'll eventually catch this season of the show still but my enthusiasm has taken a hit after that event. Like that's what a room of creative writers came up with?! There wasn't one other idea?

Finished the first three epsiodes tonight. Spoiler Tagged for those who haven't.

- Starr's Homelander continues to be the MVP, effortlessly stealing every scene he's in. That said, there are no weak links and every cast member brings their A Game. The chemistry between Starr and Urban is off the charts; you get the impression that Homelander, in his own sick, twisted way, actually likes and respects William. If only because he's the only person on earth who isn't afraid of him.

- Kripke said, "the show is many things, but subtle isn't one of them". He wasn't kidding. The only way Homelander could be more of a Trump-expy at this point is if he painted himself orange. However, the show is so well done, I don't mind the political messaging.

- Victoria Newman. Wood. Even is she did pop my head off after. Firecracker would get it too.

- LMFAO at Christ on Ice. Especially the Son of God slicing off the girl's fingers when he tries to escape.

- Ryan's first kill was brutal. Bonus points for Homelander genuinely being unable to understand why his son is upset at killing someone.

- Homelander talking to himself in the mirror is an obvious homage to Norman Osborn/Green Goblin in Spider-Man. His voice even sounds a bit like Williem Dafoe's.

First 3 episodes: 9/10

Back