Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Full Trailer, post #3621)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
eh, i thought preacher was better than the boys. they both strayed pretty far from the comics, though

didn't even know there was a s4 of the boys.

Agree to disagree. The Boys changed huge chunks of the comic and made the TV show all the better for it. Preacher did the same but, IMHO, it ended up an inferior copy. For example, Cassidy is Nerfed to the point he's not much stronger than a normal human. In the comics he possess superhuman strength and can tear someone apart with his bare hands.

When he and Custer fight at the end of the comic run, Custer is able to dominate him because Cass was so strong, he never had to learn how to fight. And Cass still manages to break Jessie's sternum with a single sucker-punch.

Good performances from all the main cast, but I didn't like the script.

Last edited:
Homelander dying would be fucking terrible. He literally makes "the Boys".

His dark character, evil yet brilliant mind, plus fucking top notch acting. Without him, the Boys would suck, imo.

Agreed. Homelander is the MVP. Starr is so good in the role that, when Soldier Boy turns out to be an even bigger piece of shit and rejects him, you actually feel a twinge of sympathy for Homelander. And this is the same irredeemable monster who let over a hundred men, women and children die in a plane crash.

His dark character, evil yet brilliant mind, plus fucking top notch acting. Without him, the Boys would suck, imo.

Yeah, he's a super-powered psychopath. There's no way he's going to get killed off until the series finale.

i thought s3 was the most uninteresting Homelander thus far.

Did homelander really let them die in the plane? There was literally nothing that could be done but everyone pretends (even queen Maeve) that something could have been done.

Yeah, he's a super-powered psychopath. There's no way he's going to get killed off until the series finale.

What makes him so compelling is you can see glimmers of the man he might have been, had be not be raised as a lab experiment. Especially in his relationship with his son, and his genuine heartbreak when his own father rejects them both.

Did homelander really let them die in the plane? There was literally nothing that could be done but everyone pretends (even queen Maeve) that something could have been done.

The plane was damaged by Homelander in the first place. He used his laser vision, which destroyed the control panel, when he could just as easily have killed the terrorist with his hands.

And while there was no was to save everyone, he could at least have saved some of the passengers by flying them to the ground in groups of two or three. But Homelander was unwilling to do that because the survivors would talk and ruin his reputation. So he let them all die, and used their deaths in an attempt to manipulate congress into allowing Supes to serve in the military.

The plane was damaged by Homelander in the first place. He used his laser vision, which destroyed the control panel, when he could just as easily have killed the terrorist with his hands.

And while there was no was to save everyone, he could at least have saved some of the passengers by flying them to the ground in groups of two or three. But Homelander was unwilling to do that because the survivors would talk and ruin his reputation. So he let them all die, and used their deaths in an attempt to manipulate congress into allowing Supes to serve in the military.

Yup!

- Passenger "Save my baby girl! At least do THAT! PLEASE??!?!?"

- Homelanger "You stat the *uck back or I will laser you in HALF!"

Scumbag!:mad:

I'm all for keeping Homelander on the show. He's my favorite character but they had a bunch of creative people in a room bouncing ideas of each other and some asshole said "how about that kid supe gets a hip check like a normal human being who plays hockey but then the other men all turn on Solider boy" and that's what they went with?!?! Fuck that shit.

Yup!

- Passenger "Save my baby girl! At least do THAT! PLEASE??!?!?"

- Homelanger "You stat the *uck back or I will laser you in HALF!"

Scumbag!:mad:

As the Anti-Christ is to Christ, Solider Boy is to Superman

ShinyPlasticJellyfish-max-1mb.gif

main-qimg-f3fd86926b71ec17a1a9514b88ee8c0d

I love homelander being crazy over the top powerful and it’s only his fragile ego and need for love that keeps him from being an outright evil god amongst men.

also for the season 3 finale:
i really would of loved for homelander, butcher, Hughie, and the captain America dude to of all lost their powers temporarily and just straight up had a bad ruten bar fight. Felt like they missed an opportunity to give butcher the upper hand, make Hughie worthless-ish, and let homelander experience physical pain and fear for once.

I love homelander being crazy over the top powerful and it’s only his fragile ego and need for love that keeps him from being an outright evil god amongst men.

also for the season 3 finale:
i really would of loved for homelander, butcher, Hughie, and the captain America dude to of all lost their powers temporarily and just straight up had a bad ruten bar fight. Felt like they missed an opportunity to give butcher the upper hand, make Hughie worthless-ish, and let homelander experience physical pain and fear for once.

In that scenario? Butcher by whatever he wants.

Back