Television THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (Dec. 29 Release Date)

First episode was fine I guess.

Its ok, ill watch next episode.

I'm down so far. I like that they are setting up that he is still fucked up from the sarlaac pit. Yeah he could kick the shit out of stormtroopers but he isn't in top form.

The Palace Droid is the boss from The IT Crowd. I hope he sticks around.

Pretty good episode, would have liked a little more of the sarlacc pit but it was nice to finally get an explanation there. Visually it’s pretty good and the score was amazing. I hope we get to see why Boba is considered to be such a badass, he’s still weak now so I understand why they’re taking time with it.

It was a little underwhelming, but I'll watch the next episode when it drops.

So, what's the timeline? He retrieved his armor in Mando, which is set after the first 6 movies (right?), but he has it in the show in present day?

Anyways, a bit underwhelming and slow. Morrison's fighting looked like shit, but he's kind of old. I'm hoping it can only go up from there.

Needs more Slave 1 scenes. Also hope he gets his gun back.

So, what's the timeline? He retrieved his armor in Mando, which is set after the first 6 movies (right?), but he has it in the show in present day?

Anyways, a bit underwhelming and slow. Morrison's fighting looked like shit, but he's kind of old. I'm hoping it can only go up from there.
Present day?

It's set in the exact same time period as The Mandalorian. It picks up right where it left off.

Why did Boba forget he was packing a blaster and wearing a jetpack when surrounded by those space-ninjas? Why not use his other gadgets (knee darts, whistling birds?)

Also, Boston Dynamics robots used as star wars droids was a lame idea that won't age well. Imagine if there was 1970's IBM crap wandering through the original movies... ughh.

Mandalorian was better before Bobba became a big part of the story.

The less the better with Boba Fett.
We've only seen the tip of the iceberg of what Favreau & Filoni can do with Boba. The Mando appearance buttkicking Boba vs. Stormtroopers was very badass, more than ESB & ROTJ.

Why did Boba forget he was packing a blaster and wearing a jetpack when surrounded by those space-ninjas? Why not use his other gadgets (knee darts, whistling birds?)

Also, Boston Dynamics robots used as star wars droids was a lame idea that won't age well. Imagine if there was 1970's IBM crap wandering through the original movies... ughh.
Never saw Boba with whistling birds that Mando has. I'm guessing the energy shields would have deflected laser shots in unpredictable manner and possibly at Boba's own unhelmeted head.

Never saw Boba with whistling birds that Mando has. I'm guessing the energy shields would have deflected laser shots in unpredictable manner and possibly at Boba's own unhelmeted head.

He could have just rocketed up and shot them from above, or he could have grabbed fennec and both rocketed out of there (we've seen mandos taking others for a ride many times).

Not 100% sure about the whistling birds, but boba's wrist rocket does appear to have similar launch holes as mando's--I assumed they provide similar functionality.

o0kxi32nvz941.png

Shoulda flamethrowered teh legs.

And these new shows have really made me hate Jawas. Thieving little buggers. Throw them all in the nearest Sarlacc.

Boba went into the Sarlacc pit during Return of the Jedi. That's set in 4 ABY (After the Battle of Yavin).

Since the flashback in this episode shows the wreckage of Jabba's barge still uncovered with sand, Boba must've gotten out pretty quick. The sand people pick him up and he starts looking for his armor.

The Mandalorian is set in 9 ABY, so it took Boba 5 years to track down his armor. Then after repaying his debt to Din Djarin he goes to Tatooine and takes over Jabba's palace.

We don't know over what period of time The Mandalorian seasons 1 and 2 are set, so this show may still be happening in 9ABY, or it may be 10 ABY already.

Let's be real. That was not good.

I'm all in for the series regardless, but that was meh at best.

40 years of waiting to see him get out of the sarlaac pit and that's it?

The show is obviously gonna have to do some magic to have a dad bodied 60 year old man and a skinny 58 year old woman as action centerpieces. Yes, she is 58. Would.

The action sequences were plodding and completely devoid of any kind of style. I suppose they might be saving his tricks for later but hopefully that's not a sign if things to come.

Ultimately it just felt aimless and lacked the spark that Mandalorian had. Definitely hoping they right the ship. It's not like Mandalorian didn't have a couple sub par episodes.

The one silver lining was that the sand people angle seems kinda cool.

Back