The biggest myth on Sherdog: Lutter vs. Eastman. There's NOTHING weird about this KO.

For over a decade people here have been proposing that this knockout is a "mystery" and that it doesn't make sense.

It's ENOUGH.

The punch is nothing out if the ordinary and you guys just don't understand camera angles. It was a dangerous overhand right swung with mean intentions and connected CLEAN (yes it was clean, no matter how much you wanna deny it and be edgy) on the right cheek and/or nose of Eastman.

tumblr_n5sfge0fKq1sdqajoo2_400.gif

I was in AC for this fight. Opening prelim fight and put the crowd to sleep until that shot. I can still distinctly remember watching that shot land. I was looking into the cage from above and had a clear view of it. Clean.

Travis Lutter knocking anyone out with one punch is going to be weird. Sorry rawk……

I honestly don’t remember people claiming this fight was a “work” and Eastman took a dive , not saying it hasn’t been claimed but I think the reason this fight is referenced as often as it is all these years later is because Eastman is a professional level kick boxer and Lutter has exactly one ko probably in his life and this was it
After the fight Lutter looked as surprised as anyone

I don't remember this either until the past 5 years or so and would see this pop up once in a moon.

For over a decade people here have been proposing that this knockout is a "mystery" and that it doesn't make sense.

It's ENOUGH.

The punch is nothing out if the ordinary and you guys just don't understand camera angles. It was a dangerous overhand right swung with mean intentions and connected CLEAN (yes it was clean, no matter how much you wanna deny it and be edgy) on the right cheek and/or nose of Eastman.

tumblr_n5sfge0fKq1sdqajoo2_400.gif
Well duh obviously no one can fall like that on purpose

Who are you working for, TS?

Why are you trying to obfuscate the truth about that match?

I think you just made up a controversy to be outraged over. I can do it too.

I can't believe Sherdog was so upset over the controversial Fedor vs Big Timmay stoppage.

I think you just made up a controversy to be outraged over. I can do it too.

I can't believe Sherdog was so upset over the controversial Fedor vs Big Timmay stoppage.
Fail.
You just failed.
Epic fail.

Fedor is GOAT.

I have to say I haven't been so entertained by something so shitty since The Room.

ODKJIscpFy3VwdoS27Kfn-M0RZm7mqr9mlQDFOcKQXNNFug2Y12Ulks=s0-d
It really was extremely comical and entertaining, probably the most fun I had watching a fight ever. Something must be wrong with me.

There's a top down angle. The punch hits him basically in the mouth, kinda grazing, but could have put a good amount of pressure on the jaw straight back or something.

And it is weird. Look at it with your eyeballs you dick, it looks weird as hell and denying that is dumb. Rumor was Eastman got knocked out cold training just days before, and he didn't have a great chin to begin with.

We should ve a top 10 of SDers who have weird gripes and blow shit out of proportion.

Thank you for posting this, this is the angle that caused the controversy. Both video angles shows the punch missing the chin completely, and tagging him in the nose (or maybe square in front of the face). This should not be a KO.

The TS GIF is at the angle from behind the punch, so we can not see where it lands. Also the GIF is not very clear quality to begin with.

Everytime I watch it I think it is one of the weirdest KO’s, and don’t understand how that punch could put him out. I know all the KO’s in camp before hand, but still… if it’s not rigged it’s gotta be one of the oddest KO’s in history
Yeah I was trying to find just the gif but this video had it and I forgot how weird the KO looked

Eastman came into the fight having a concussion a few days prior in training. His brain was already scrambled and it didn't take much to put him out. He also was known for not having a great chin.

This. Marvin said himself he shouldn't have fought after the concussion in training.

There's a top down angle. The punch hits him basically in the mouth, kinda grazing, but could have put a good amount of pressure on the jaw straight back or something.

And it is weird. Look at it with your eyeballs you dick, it looks weird as hell and denying that is dumb. Rumor was Eastman got knocked out cold training just days before, and he didn't have a great chin to begin with.
Ok edgelord. I'll let you live in your fantasy world.

Back