The best McGregor comparison is GSP

FullRoundAldo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
McG is a kickboxing GSP. The comparison would be their most effective tool that everyone overlooks with Conor: That athleticism. Conor is the most athletic current fighter; He's explosive, quick, great reflexes, and he doesn't get tired. GSP's wrestling wasn't his most effective tool, his superior wrestling was a SYMPTOM of his athleticism, if he had the skills but not the cardio and explosive muscle fibers, he would be a run of the mill, top ten WW McWrestler. If Conor wasn't as athletic as he is, he would just be a good McKickboxer, a Dustin Porier or a Matt Brown.

I get it. Conor is an exciting fighter, and the ufc/media hype him up at every opportunity, but please stop this.

The guy hasnt even defended his title yet.

This is nuthuggery the likes of sherdog hasnt seen since bj penn beat up joe stevenson.....

This thread is staggeringly retarded.

5462.gif

I get it. Conor is an exciting fighter, and the ufc/media hype him up at every opportunity, but please stop this.

The guy hasnt even defended his title yet.

This is nuthuggery the likes of sherdog hasnt seen since bj penn beat up joe stevenson.....

This thread is staggeringly retarded.
BJ never defeated an almost undefeated champ in 13 secs.

Except Conor had the balls to move up.

GSP was dropping to 155 if Anderson made 170.

Sorry I dont see the comparison. Conors striking isnt built on athleticism, its built on knowing he has a freakish left fist. Hes far from an apex athlete imo.

Please... Gods of mma hear my prayer... Let Nate Diaz triumph in a display of violent and humiliating magnificence on the night of their battle, and silence forever the foolish hordes, the philistines, and the huggers of the nut. It would be a day of resplendent salt, and sandy vaseline, and one that would bring so much pleasure to so many, and strike the devil a mighty blow... Jah bless, amen, and all that good stuff.

BJ never defeated an almost undefeated champ in 13 secs.

But back to your initial argument, what part of the McG win has you believing he is on another level athletically. When I watch it, what I see is a guy who is willing to eat a punch to give a punch. This worked fine against Aldo because all the variables were in McGregor's favor. He's two years younger, so you would assume slightly faster with a better chin. He also had a 4" reach advantage. So with the two guys throwing punches near simultaneously, his landed first and thus harder.

But back to your initial argument, what part of the McG win has you believing he is on another level athletically. When I watch it, what I see is a guy who is willing to eat a punch to give a punch. This worked fine against Aldo because all the variables were in McGregor's favor. He's two years younger, so you would assume slightly faster with a better chin. He also had a 4" reach advantage. So with the two guys throwing punches near simultaneously, his landed first and thus harder.
Hits "ignored", bye.

Back