• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)

• No Prayer for the Dying (1990)

• Fear of the Dark (1992)

• The X Factor (1995)

• Virtual XI (1998)

• Brave New World (2000)

• Dance of Death (2003)

• A Matter of Life and Death (2006)

• The Final Frontier (2010) OR The Book of Souls (2015)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Powerslave had badass album art.

61hHfMz7pIL.jpg

1. Powerslave (cover)
2. The Trooper
3. LIve After Death (cover)
4. Piece of Mind (cover)
5. Powerslave (single)
wallpaper-metal-archives-marley-music-heavy-futuristic-iron-maiden-eddie.jpg

6. Aces High
7. Book of Souls
og.jpg

1. Number of the Beast
2. Iron Maiden
3. Piece of Mind
4. Powerslave
5. Somewhere in Time
6. Killers
I could nitpick the order maybe but that's a pretty damn good list.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to include one of Maiden's more recent efforts for the "damn these guys still have it" factor.

How many can be in a poll?

There are 16 studio albums

Iron Maiden
Killers
The Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
No Prayer for the Dying
Fear of the Dark
The X Factor
Virtual XI
Brave New World
Dance of Death
A Matter of Life and Death
The Final Frontier

I doubt that the rest would be in contention
The Number of the Beast
, Piece of Mind and Powerslave are probably the ones that will gather the most votes, but I'm going to pick The Book of Souls just because Iron Maiden made an 18 mins track that I can listen to.

Maiden has a long history of great records and it's always fun to see them perform.
My personal favorites are Powerslave and Somewhere in Time.
Also Number, Seventh Son, all the live records, and every other album they made.

How does this poll grab you?

I remember when Brave New World came out I was really digging Maiden. I loved that album. I remember my sister, who was also into them, bought the Rock in Rio DVD which had some good songs from BNW like "Blood Brothers" and "Ghost of the Navigator." That was an incredible concert. I don't know how many times I watched it, but it was a lot.

I was lucky enough to see them live twice and they were really great performers. Now they're pretty old so I don't know how they've held up, but in the mid 2000s they still killed it.

I saw them earlier this year, they still kill it.

Iron Maiden should be in the rock and roll hall of fame

Awesome.
Thanks.
May Eddie bless you.

Iron-Maiden-poster.jpg

My Russian girlfriend is perplexed by American men wearing shorts to the beach instead of Speedos like Russian men. Next time we have a debate about this topic I'm just bringing up this picture. She will have no choice but to concede. This pics is the greatest possible argument in favor of shorts.

But Led stole a whole lot from the Blues old timers.
Still great, but Iron Maiden were more original.

Absolutely they used Blues, but they changed it completely, making it HEAVY. SOngs like Heartbreaker, Immigrant Song, Achillies Last Stand and Black Dog were the fore runners to bands like Maiden Big heavy riffs. I wouldn't say Maiden was "More Original" at all. Look at the Things not only music wise but for the entire music industry Zep did. Producing their own Material, Mixing, using effects never seen before. They were also the Band that Started the HUGE Stadium Concerts with light shows and pyro's. No question Iron Maiden was and IS a great brand but they don't have the versitility, or creative range that Zep did. Like the Blues influenced Zep, Zep had a big influence on Metal.

This is hard for me to say I Love Both bands, grew up with one in their prime and saw the rise of the other. Both have great Musciains, great vocals. As far as originality I have to give it to Zeppelin. They broke the rules and started it all. As for Maiden, what they do they are absolutley the best. Then again it's kind of like comparing and Apple and an Orange. Both great but different

Seventh son of a Seventh Son is my all time favorite. Piece of Mind and Powerslave and Number of the beast all tied for 2nd

Piece of Mind for me, though think they are all great.

The Trooper
Where Eagles Dare
Flight of Icarus
Are my 1,2,3 of Maiden songs.

It's between Number Of The Beast and Powerslave. I ended up going with Powerslave because that was the album that finally put all the pieces together thus giving us one of the best Metal albums ever and in my opinion Maiden's magnus opus

So many awesome albums, I refuse to pick a favorite.

Up the irons!!!

I've had a Powerslave flag on my wall since I was 16. Never taken it down except too move it somewhere else.

It will always be their greatest too me.

Why isn't "The Book of Souls" on this list? It's a great album.

Edit: I guess I missed the two recent albums combined.

Last edited:
For me its Somewhere in Time,but the 1st two lps are fantastic as well. I dont think they ever put out a "bad" album and thats hard to do considering how long they been around

For me its Somewhere in Time,but the 1st two lps are fantastic as well. I dont think they ever put out a "bad" album and thats hard to do considering how long they been around
Agreed and Maiden is my all-time favorite band but the Blaze Bailey years were not so great.

1. Powerslave
2. Number of the Beast
3. Brave New World
4. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
5. Piece of Mind
6. Somewhere In TIme
7. Killers

Back