The Bellator PPV was AWFUL

It was actually overall a good card. It's just that the results could've been better for Bellator and the main event just happened to be the worst fight on the entire card (shocker???)

It really wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it. Mo/Rampage was alright. Everything else was really good.

the way the fights turned out was bad for bellator but the fights themselves was great

No huge fights, but more entertaining and fun than most UFC events.

Lots of traffic on this site for the event.

Bellator isn't going anywhere either. Suck it UFC only fans

I thought it was a pretty good card. The main event was underwhelming, but most of Rampage's fights are these days. Mo came to wrestle (like most of Rampage's opponents) and Rampage spent the fight defending takedowns and trying to land one big shot.

Win or lose, Shamrock's cornball interviews were great.

It reminded me of the solid Strikeforce cards. The fights were super entertaining other than King Mo's performance.

How so?

Exciting unexpecting submission from Tito.

Page knock out victory.

Chandler/Brooks.

The only stale fight on that card was King Mo/Rampage, but we all know how wrestling fights turn out for Rampage....Boring as fuck, AKA Rashad Evans.

It was actually overall a good card. It's just that the results could've been better for Bellator and the main event just happened to be the worst fight on the entire card (shocker???)

they russian hw's were far worse imo, that fight sucked donkey dick

fun card, just that the things bjorn expected didn't happend.

Takeaway

Crowd showed up

Fights for the most part overall were good.

Chandler didnt look great but Brooks really stepped up, thought it was a draw, def not a Brooks win.

Losing Eddie/Chandler is bad

Mo I thought won, that fight sucked, Mo was scared to get knocked out but even with his lay and pray I thought won. Bellator def dodged a bullet there.

Tito winning was crazy, nobody saw that coming, Tito winning is good cause he is a name but making your MW champ look bad ends up hurting Bellator.

The pacing of the event was probably the worst PPV pacing in mma in years, they really shit the bed there.

And the post fight stuff with Mo/Page just made it look so bad.

Overall the fights were good but this event is gonna be remembered for the negative way more than the positive.

it sucked, but at the same time was extremely entertaining, even if unintentionally.

Tito getting a fucking win is funny by itself
Most awkward and corny post fight interview EVER following the win

Chandler fights like shit and loses to a good fighter people slept on. His hype train is derailed.

Page trolls the FUCK out of everyone and brings taunting to a level even Anderson and Werdum combined can't accomplish

Mo gets fucked out of a boring but well deserved win. GOES BALLISTIC AND CALLS HIS OWN BOSS A DICK RIDER and tell him to cut him, live ON FUCKING PPV LOL

the fights were like a 5-6/10 but the entertainment was a solid 9.5/10 if you don't factor in the obnoxiously long time in between the fights

I enjoyed the Kongo fight, which was a prelim.

It was a throwback to classic 80's wrestling entertainment.

Michael Page got a knockout and added to his hype as the "new Anderson Silva" (despite whether you disagree with that or not, it's what happened).

Volkov won the tournament with all finishes and it sets up a new-champion vs. former-champion rematch, which'll be a good main event that'll draw a lot next season.

Tito got a finish and looked better than he has in 6 years in doing so.

Chandler-Brooks was a fight-of-the-year and they have another top-10 fighter in their rankings. Alvarez-Brooks might even be a good main event for their next PPV (if they do one, which I hope they do). There could even be some contract-messery which allows them to keep Alvarez even if he beats Will (Alvarez was supposedly allowed to go to the UFC, no strings attached, if he beat Chandler in a rubber match, but those same agreements might not be in effect if he doesn't fight Chandler, which means that Bellator gets to hold onto Eddie longer, which they want for obvious reasons; even if the contract doesn't work like that it still gives Bellator a lot of room to wiggle).

Rampage got a victory in his hometown. It wasn't exciting, but it's still Rampage in his hometown walking away victorious.

It was a very good card. It was better than UFC 170 and most of 171 and 172.

Back