The anti-shill shill

giusti825

ßanned
@Silver
Reaction score
Cmon folks. You don't have to be a shill to call that the worst fight in modern mma. It just was. It doesn't mean that you love zuffa or its business practices. It just means you have two eyes and witnessed the unthinkable embarrassment that fight was. On top of that, one of the fighters almost died afterwards because he didn't put in the work to be able to withstand 10 minutes of cardio.

I am mostly anti zuffa when it comes to any practice that screws the fighters over. But i am not sooooo anti zuffa that i will ever defend the shitshow that bellator put on the other night. It would be laughable if it weren't so sad that it almost lead to a loss of life.

The Texas AC really needs to be looked at for incompetence for letting Dada get into the cage. A basic stress test needs to be conducted to ensure that the fighters have actually done some basic cardio before being allowed to fight before someone ends up dead from pure laziness. The fight was an embarrassment to the organization and the sport as a whole. It should have never been in a major org much less on tv.

If you can't admit that the card was horrendous, maybe you have become the exact thing you are accusing others of: you are becoming a shill for everything nonzuffa despite the actual quality offered vs quality available.

If you are a major org and you are trying to sell that garbage, maybe zuffa does have a monopoly, or maybe you are just putting name recognition and dollar signs ahead of the integrity of the organization and the sport as a whole, not to mention the risk of killing unhealthy, untrained men for the entertainment of the audience.

Im no huge fan of zuffa as company, but i will never defend garbage like that show for any reason, and neither should anyone else.

I don't think you'll get a lot of disagreement that the fight was garbage, from a martial art standpoint.

The only disagreement is that it was incredibly entertaining to some people, myself included, for the sheer comedy of it. I was on the floor dying.

Unfortunately, so was Dada 5000, as it turns out... apparently his heart 'stopped' at the hospital after the fight, and he had to be revived. Which kind of kills the funny of it, for me anyways. Hopefully he recovers alright.

Those guys really should never get in the cage again though.

The only disagreement is that it was incredibly entertaining to some people, myself included, for the sheer comedy of it. I was on the floor dying.

I was glued to the screen during the whole "fight". It was so bad it's good.

The only people that fight should have been "incredibly entertaining" to are WWE and YouTube bum fight fans. The sport of MMA was done a disservice, whether you were "entertained" or not.

The only people that fight should have been "incredibly entertaining" to are WWE and YouTube bum fight fans. The sport of MMA was done a disservice, whether you were "entertained" or not.
I don't agree. I was immensely entertained by it for the sheer comedy, and yet I was also entertained by watching Maia & Shields grappling for 25 minutes, in a fight that many fans considered boring. I have wide tastes when it comes to fighting.

Why would a WWE fan like that fight?
Two guys gassed after a few minutes is the exact opposite of what wrestling fans like.

I don't think you'll get a lot of disagreement that the fight was garbage, from a martial art standpoint.

Unfortunately, so was Dada 5000, as it turns out
... apparently his heart 'stopped' at the hospital after the fight, and he had to be revived. Which kind of kills the funny of it, for me anyways. Hopefully he recovers alright.

Spit out my drink....

I was wide-eyed and laughing for the entirety of the fight. Trainwrecks draw attention too.

Tyson's commentary was a sign of things to come. I laughed at that too.

I dunno. Funny, wacky stuff like this and the Yamma Pit and Ranger Stott and Quarry vs Starnes all become part of the silly history of this crazy sport.

Everybody expected a forgettable crap fight but instead we got the fight version of the Yamma Pit introductions.

These things happen in MMA.

I dunno. Funny, wacky stuff like this and the Yamma Pit and Ranger Stott and Quarry vs Starnes all become part of the silly history of this crazy sport.

Everybody expected a forgettable crap fight but instead we got the fight version of the Yamma Pit introductions.

These things happen in MMA.
+50 internet points for a Yamma Pit reference.

Featuring the most devastating leg kick ever thrown in MMA.

tumblr_m5bhpiq1ZI1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Unfortunately, so was Dada 5000, as it turns out... apparently his heart 'stopped' at the hospital after the fight, and he had to be revived. Which kind of kills the funny of it, for me anyways. Hopefully he recovers alright.

Thank god he didnt had a heart attack during the event. Bellator would take a major hit.

I watch fighting because I want entertainment, and a good production/ show.

There is a reason people are talking about the fight. Most fights are wastelanded before they even begin

I totally agree the card was shit. Who the fuck puts a 49 year old vs a 52 year old headline and then a 42 year old vs a 38 year old with 3 fights?

I don't disagree with these guys fighting, but co headline and headline made for a terrible card.

This is exactly why the UFC dominates.

I'll tell you right now that I didn't watch the fight so what I'm saying is general rather than specific, but I think that a problem with what you're saying is that different people look for different things in mma.

There is a huge group of people who just want to see two big dudes wing punches with zero technique. I think that targeting that market isn't all that ridiculous from a business stand point. It might actually make more sense than trying to convince people that two half naked dudes in a fences in octagon is a artistic. Partial red to some writer from mmafighting for that.

I'll tell you right now that I didn't watch the fight so what I'm saying is general rather than specific, but I think that a problem with what you're saying is that different people look for different things in mma.

There is a huge group of people who just want to see two big dudes wing punches with zero technique. I think that targeting that market isn't all that ridiculous from a business stand point. It might actually make more sense than trying to convince people that two half naked dudes in a fences in octagon is a artistic. Partial red to some writer from mmafighting for that.

I agree, but these two were barely throwing punches.
This was not Griffin/Bonner.
This was two gassed out guys that needed help off their stools.

I agree, but these two were barely throwing punches.
This was not Griffin/Bonner.
This was two gassed out guys that needed help off their stools.
Yea Dada literally had a heart attack he was so tired. That's insane! Still probably one of Bellators highest rated shows ever. Conor would say that you can't argue with the numbers.

Back