The answer why some people discount jds win in first fight.

GriffinLHWChamp

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
For the same reason many overlook Matt Serra beating GSP. Its because many feel that JDS won despite not being really in Velasquez league. We as mma fans know anyone can get caught and beat. They are all human but its generally understood that Velasquez was the noticably more talented fighter. The man is a phenom.

No disrespect to JDS great fighter but not in Velasquez league and many of us have been saying this since the first fight.

Matt Serra beating GSP was so overlooked there was never a rubber match. This fight there almost definitely will be and JDS is much better than Serra but the premise remains the same. Many were just not convinced JDS was even in Velasquez league deapite pulling off the win.

Again JDS? At worst a top 5 guy but Velaquez is number 1 and i think many following his career knew he was by far and away the beat HW on the planet.

JDS/Cain being compared to Serra/GSP...

This never ends well, and for good reason.. I'm going to bed now..

To finish someone in 64 seconds but not be able to hurt them in 25 minutes when they are healthy.......it most definately tells you something.

How so, in the fact that Cain has turned into a guy that won't go for the finish even when he has the other one on queer street..

becasue he doesn't want to get caught again...

lots of similarities actually...

How so, in the fact that Cain has turned into a guy that won't go for the finish even when he has the other one on queer street..

becasue he doesn't want to get caught again...

lots of similarities actually...

You know he finished Bigfoot in one round, right?

I feel like the 1st fight was the perfect scenario for JDS.

I feel like the 2nd fight was the perfect scenario for Cain.

I love both guys and would love to see a third fight.

JDS needs to shore up a couple things in his game, and make another run at the title.

I think we may have another Fedor, CC, Nog thing here assuming AO, jds, CV can all stay at the top.

I feel like the 1st fight was the perfect scenario for JDS.

I feel like the 2nd fight was the perfect scenario for Cain.

I love both guys and would love to see a third fight.

Agreed! I didn't really understand how people were predicting so soon that these guys will fight several times. I think they'll go beyond the Forest Griffin/Tito Ortiz, Liddell/Couture trilogies and maybe they'll each win back and forth.

Just imagine what will be said if JDS wins the next one by early KO. And then Cain wins the next and people will want to discount both early KOs as flukes. :^)

Or how about JDS wasn't able to set up his punches this time around? And that only says good things about cains gameplan. JDS is a set up fighter. He starts the fights with setting up the body jabs. Cain was tentative the first fight. This time around he didn't let JDS set up his punches and timing so JDS was just swinging for the fences. Congrats to Cain.

For the same reason many overlook Matt Serra beating GSP. Its because many feel that JDS won despite not being really in Velasquez league. We as mma fans know anyone can get caught and beat. They are all human but its generally understood that Velasquez was the noticably more talented fighter. The man is a phenom.

No disrespect to JDS great fighter but not in Velasquez league and many of us have been saying this since the first fight.

Matt Serra beating GSP was so overlooked there was never a rubber match. This fight there almost definitely will be and JDS is much better than Serra but the premise remains the same. Many were just not convinced JDS was even in Velasquez league deapite pulling off the win.

Again JDS? At worst a top 5 guy but Velaquez is number 1 and i think many following his career knew he was by far and away the beat HW on the planet.

Many where not convinced with JDS before the first fight it seems most his wins are flukes. They where still not convinced after he Koed Cain and certainly they will not be convinced now.

Prepare your self for the Mexican era and we will be flooded with Mexican references because dana white will market Cain as a Mexican to sell the UFC to Mexico.

I don't think there will an immediate rematch either JDS offered no challenge to Cain tonight he needs to get atleast 2 wins.

Back