The Ads on the Front Page of the Site

dr_hellno

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Are sending me continually into a murderous rage. They're essentially well-concealed pop-ups placed strategically right bloody beside the "latest topics" frame so one can barely avoid loading them up, in effect blocking access to the forum. And worse, they freeze the shit out of my computer more often than not.

I know they're not unique to this site, and that they are--in fact--proliferating a tonne of sites now, but Jesus. H Christ guys... a simple banner will not suffice?

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/payments.php is the solution to your problems.

~Foz

I think not. Banners & the occasional pop-ups were manageable, par for the course if one's not platinum. The new giant, swelling, barely-avoidable expanding windows that block everything & freeze computers with horrible flash programming, well, they're a tad excessive. I've no illusions about them going away. I'm just sayin'.

we dont pick the add's we merely sell the advertising space.

~Foz

we dont pick the add's we merely sell the advertising space.

~Foz

That can't be entirely true. What if a competing MMA site with forum bought add space from Google. Sherdog would have something to say about that, wouldn't they?

I think not. Banners & the occasional pop-ups were manageable, par for the course if one's not platinum. The new giant, swelling, barely-avoidable expanding windows that block everything & freeze computers with horrible flash programming, well, they're a tad excessive. I've no illusions about them going away. I'm just sayin'.

My computer functions perfectly, as well as many others. The ads help generate revenue to make the site better, which is why I like the site, it is far superior to other MMA sites IMO.

You need a new computer because yours is obviously a complete piece of crap.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/payments.php is the solution to your problems.

~Foz

Thanks, I had this same Problem. With the Banners that is. They would totaly screw my Internet Browser up and cover the latest news and topics.
But I have a question
How much larger for the Avatar Size? I do a lot of art and had some neat Gif avatars. Nothing Huge, but just a tad to big for the norm.
I may do the year Membership. But curious about the the size it bumps me up to for an Avatar.

Thanks

Thanks, I had this same Problem. With the Banners that is. They would totaly screw my Internet Browser up and cover the latest news and topics.
But I have a question
How much larger for the Avatar Size? I do a lot of art and had some neat Gif avatars. Nothing Huge, but just a tad to big for the norm.
I may do the year Membership. But curious about the the size it bumps me up to for an Avatar.

Thanks

Don't quote me on this cause I'm not mod, but if I recall correctly, all gifs must be 35kb or smaller and a mod has to put it up for you. Pixel-wise it's 135X135, per my KimboLand hawtness to the left.
The plats always love new members and shower them in hot women (photos).

Don't quote me on this cause I'm not mod, but if I recall correctly, all gifs must be 35kb or smaller and a mod has to put it up for you. Pixel-wise it's 135X135, per my KimboLand hawtness to the left.
The plats always love new members and shower them in hot women (photos).

Cool. Is the membership thing what all the people with the Green Lettering has? Wasn't quite sure on that one.

The ones that make repeated noises have really been bugging me lately. You try to listen to the radio show or something to see what kind of crazy shit Nick Diaz is gonna say, but the ads are constantly making beeping noises and shit. Awful.

Back