The addiction/depression thread.

I quit my terrible, low paying job last week. I've just felt happier since doing it. I was transferred an hour away, so I had a 1 hour drive, sat for 12, then another 1 hour drive back home. All for $9 an hour. Good thing I've been saving. I feel like it's necessary to let something like that go, for the sake of your mental health. I'll have to be tight with my money until I can find something closer. I really wish I could just fully focus on my last semester of school without worrying about a crappy job, but I don't have enough saved to last 6 months.

But, by quitting I feel like I saved myself from sinking into another mental slump.

tumblr_inline_neov8rN9fj1ryl9gy.gif

Last edited:
This thread is still going? The world does not care if youre depressed or an addict nobody cares or feels bad for you. So you have two options man up or watch everyone else pass you by in life.

This is what happens when we have easy access to food/water and no wars....people get soft. Like a lot of dudes in this thread.
Takes a special kind of ass to go into a depression thread and tell people nobody cares and to “man up”.

While I have a feeling that there are posters here who genuinely feel for one another (I’m one of them), it still doesn’t matter whether “the world” cares or not. Just getting this stuff out can help some people feel a little better, and even more so to talk about it with others, relate, and encourage one another. So yes, this thread is still going and I hope it continues to do so for those that may need it.

Pack your ass up and don’t bother dropping by if you don’t like it and are only going to contribute negative energy.

This thread is still going? The world does not care if youre depressed or an addict nobody cares or feels bad for you. So you have two options man up or watch everyone else pass you by in life.

This is what happens when we have easy access to food/water and no wars....people get soft. Like a lot of dudes in this thread.
Whoa tough guy...heres an idea, if you dont like the content in this thread then maybe dont come in here you fucking retard. And by the way, my disorder makes me prone to uncontrollable rage and violence so im 100% certain i could choke you to death and 3 minutes later go push my kids on a swing set.

@gonads20

Pretty soft

Soft!?!? You're the one whining on an internet forum because a thread you don't have to enter exists. I can only imagine how you deal with adversity that you're forced to handle.

Now go have a nap.

Last edited:
Never been a hardcore addict, but I've self medicated probably a little more than I've should. When it comes to suicide I've researched, planned it out, and come as close to procuring the things I would need to do it. Although I've been very close to doing it, luckily I've never had that one thing to push me over the edge.

Right now I'm in a pretty good place. Jobs going well, got my little family, and all in all I am doing pretty good. Other than getting a little down on myself thinking about the past nothing is really bothering me. The thing that gets me though is in my heart of hearts that mentality is always there and all it would take is one major thing happening to bring me back to suicidal thoughts. Depression is something that you manage more than completely get rid of.

Takes a special kind of ass to go into a depression thread and tell people nobody cares and to “man up”.

While I have a feeling that there are posters here who genuinely feel for one another (I’m one of them), it still doesn’t matter whether “the world” cares or not. Just getting this stuff out can help some people feel a little better, and even more so to talk about it with others, relate, and encourage one another. So yes, this thread is still going and I hope it continues to do so for those that may need it.

Pack your ass up and don’t bother dropping by if you don’t like it and are only going to contribute negative energy.

Depression and ADDICTION thread. You make a good point about the getting the stuff out which makes sense. However, if youre depressed get help or youre an addict get help because the world gives zero fucks.

Soft!?!? You're the one whining on an internet forum because a thread you don't have to enter exists. I can only imagine how you deal with adversity that you're forced to handle.

Now go have a nap.

This is sherdog? Isnt this what youre supposed to do? You know, participate in the conversation.

Whoa tough guy...heres an idea, if you dont like the content in this thread then maybe dont come in here you fucking retard. And by the way, my disorder makes me prone to uncontrollable rage and violence so im 100% certain i could choke you to death and 3 minutes later go push my kids on a swing set.

Your "disorder" is a crutch you use to justify your violence and rage.

Depression and ADDICTION thread. You make a good point about the getting the stuff out which makes sense. However, if youre depressed get help or youre an addict get help because the world gives zero fucks.

Except there's a ton of places in the world to get help and a seemingly endless amount of addicts that volunteer their time to help other addicts because doing so helps them as well.

He is an obvious sociopath, no human emotions or feelings.

I suffer from depression myself, its usually triggered by intense emotional situations that bring back memories. Sorts like some ptsd, im going through it right now and it gives me insomnia.

He is an obvious sociopath, no human emotions or feelings.

I suffer from depression myself, its usually triggered by intense emotional situations that bring back memories. Sorts like some ptsd, im going through it right now and it gives me insomnia.

Going through a similar thing myself. I sought help from the doc and it at least got my sleep back to decent. Poor sleep hurts all aspects of life. If you're dealing with mental health issues it just compounds them.

Yeah I've struggled with sleep most of my adult life. These days even when I do sleep ten or eleven hours, I wake up with no energy. I wonder if it's just the depression, or possible low testosterone, or some combination of the other health problems I have.

Doctors appointment today, and even more new weird stuff to go tell him. Like how can there still always be something new that's fucked up lol.

Yeah I've struggled with sleep most of my adult life. These days even when I do sleep ten or eleven hours, I wake up with no energy. I wonder if it's just the depression, or possible low testosterone, or some combination of the other health problems I have.

Doctors appointment today, and even more new weird stuff to go tell him. Like how can there still always be something new that's fucked up lol.

Stress and the issues you have don't allow for a healthy life. It's always an uphill battle right?

Back