The 5 best bruce lee moves to use in mma

Hey Frode, what you think about jackie chan?

I think all the techniques in the video can be somewhat effective in MMA but I really don't like the first one and the last one.

That backfist may be fast but it's weak as hell. It's almost a slap with your knuckles. A good jab is just as fast and it actually stings a little. The only use for that backfist that I could see would be maybe a distraction that sets up another strike.

I also don't like that inverse kick or whatever he called it. I used to do that all the time when I trained TKD, but then I was focused on making contact and nothing more. It's good for a sport where all you want to do is tag them to score a point, but beyond that it's not a very good technique. You can't put that much power behind it at the angle you're making contact. Plus my foot would often tag their face, but then get stuck on their shoulder, which makes it easy for them to throw you down. Again, in TKD it's no big deal if you fall to the ground, but in MMA, I wouldn't want to take that risk when the payoff is a weak kick that doesn't do much damage.

Back