The 2022 Heavies' Awards - Breakthrough Fighter of the Year Winner: Alex Pereira

2022 Breakthrough Fighter of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's such an extremely big contrast with what we had with Conor. When Conor became champ it was a whole lot of, he only faced handpicked guys and Mendes had no camp, bla bla bla. But Alex who isn't as loud, but had a considerably easier road to the title and less dominant title win, gets a lot less of the same kind of criticism. Weird how that works, huh?

Conor talks a lot of nonsense, avoided title defenses, jumped around weight classes. There is a whole story.

I don't see Pereira keeping the title, but he will definitely try to defend it. And he is not acting like a clown

Conor talks a lot of nonsense, avoided title defenses, jumped around weight classes. There is a whole story.

I don't see Pereira keeping the title, but he will definitely try to defend it. And he is not acting like a clown

I was talking about when he became champ and even the lead up to becoming champ. There wasn't any notion of not defending the title yet then.

And it is indeed about how he acted and not about the actual accomplishments, but people pretended it was. But it was all just their rustled feelings about how he acted, nothing actually sports related.

SD has always been feels above sports.

Good thread @Jackonfire. Thanks. :) Alex won this big time.

Yeah, I agree great thread @Jackonfire

Don't agree with the outcome of the poll, but <WhatItIs>That doesn't make the thread any less quality. Also, I am still very happy for Pereira and what he has achieved. Dude has done nothing wrong and seems like a great guy. It's just that I disagree from a pure sports perspective.

We should all change our Avatars to Pereira just to rub it in to Dreyga...
NaiveJampackedGrunion-max-1mb.gif

Back