Economy Minimum wage debate: States make their own increases (Post #340)

Should there be a federal minimum wage hike?

• Total voters
In Canada the min. wage is slightly different in each province but around 13$. The burden on the poor is also much lower because they pay almost no income tax and their healthcare is covered. There are also services like price-controlled daycare in many provinces and various tax credits for people in precarious financial situations. I use Canada as a comparator because our median income adjusted for cost of living (PPP) in US dollars is almost identical to the US. Using the median eliminates the millionaires who skew the average. 15$ seems reasonable considering Americans have to pay for many for their own basic services out of pocket, even 15$ isn't nearly enough to equal the kind of support the poor receive in Canada. But we know that.

The obvious issue with the 15$ is that you're only helping the very bottom segment of society. People who were making say 17$ an hour don't get anything. Ideally you'd want support that exists on a continuum, with the poor receiving more but the working class still receiving support - although less.

There seems to be something missing in translation here, I think.

Im my country, the people from each State actually gets to vote for the minimum livable wage that they believe is needed to make ends meet where they live. And yes, employers who pays below that IS considered to be criminal.

In California, the minimum amount we voted for this year is $15/hour. People from other States may choose to vote for something else that suits them better, and most of them do, as shown in the links I provided.

But there are people in the thread who are against the mimimum wage being voted for democratically at the State level, and prefers that the Federal government forcing the same amount to everyone, regardless of what the voters think is best for them, and I'm still waiting for those guys to say why that's a better idea than Democracy.
why should people who never lived close to minimum wage from birth to old age get to vote on something they have no expirience in. It seems to me goverment should dictate that not people because most people are shit. Rather buy chinese garbage than support homemade goods which is one reason why minimum wage is so low. i dont trust in the good will of people because they prove it by the actions that they dont give a shit about their own countrymen.

You’re not understanding my view, I never claimed it will lead to mass unemployment, my argument is that it is will hurt people we consider at a disadvantage.

You didn't argue that as much as you asserted it, leaving people to kind of guess at the argument. If you think it would hurt low-skill workers who have their wages increased without increasing unemployment, what's the basis? Mo' money, mo' problems?

why should people who never lived close to minimum wage from birth to old age get to vote on something they have no expirience in. It seems to me goverment should dictate that not people because most people are shit. Rather buy chinese garbage than support homemade goods which is one reason why minimum wage is so low. i dont trust in the good will of people because they prove it by the actions that they dont give a shit about their own countrymen.

Sadly this is very true and goes back to my point about child labour and workplace safety. In the uk we have a shop called primark which sells really cheap clothes, and I mean CHEAP, it's one of the most famous brands in the country and their stores are packed.
A few years ago a factory that makes their clothes in, I think, Bangladesh collapsed a bunch of people were killed the investigation such as it was showed evidence of horrendous work conditions and child labour. It was on the front of every paper and they were caught bang to rights, you know what? Nobody cared, they were just happy to keep buying cheap, disposable clothing and the company has gone from strength to strength.

Sadly this is very true and goes back to my point about child labour and workplace safety. In the uk we have a shop called primark which sells really cheap clothes, and I mean CHEAP, it's one of the most famous brands in the country and their stores are packed.
A few years ago a factory that makes their clothes in, I think, Bangladesh collapsed a bunch of people were killed the investigation such as it was showed evidence of horrendous work conditions and child labour. It was on the front of every paper and they were caught bang to rights, you know what? Nobody cared, they were just happy to keep buying cheap, disposable clothing and the company has gone from strength to strength.
and those people are suppose to vote for minimum wage. People would vote for a dollar a day if it was possible.

You didn't argue that as much as you asserted it, leaving people to kind of guess at the argument. If you think it would hurt low-skill workers who have their wages increased without increasing unemployment, what's the basis? Mo' money, mo' problems?
The article you linked doesn’t suggest that it has no effect on unemployment and all the caveats at the end like reducing the minimum wage during a recession (LOL) and providing all sorts of safeguards for small towns suggest otherwise.

Listen, if the economy was run by economists who don’t have to worry about public opinion, or if we were a small nation in Northern Europe that can quickly react to changes, I would be more receptive to things like that.

If it proves to be a problem in some areas, we could quickly adjust.

As we both know, the minimum wage just makes it illegal to hire people who can produce only under a certain threshold of productivity. It isn’t a huge deal in an advanced economy like the US, where the average person is educated (poorly, I’d argue, but at least above most of the world) and knows how to handle technology, which means they can be more productive even if they aren’t terribly skilled or smart, but I just don’t see the point, maybe I’m too conservative.

The article you linked doesn’t suggest that it has no effect on unemployment and all the caveats at the end like reducing the minimum wage during a recession (LOL) and providing all sorts of safeguards for small towns suggest otherwise.

Listen, if the economy was run by economists who don’t have to worry about public opinion, or if we were a small nation in Northern Europe that can quickly react to changes, I would be more receptive to things like that.

If it proves to be a problem in some areas, we could quickly adjust.

As we both know, the minimum wage just makes it illegal to hire people who can produce only under a certain threshold of productivity. It isn’t a huge deal in an advanced economy like the US, where the average person is educated (poorly, I’d argue, but at least above most of the world) and knows how to handle technology, which means they can be more productive even if they aren’t terribly skilled or smart, but I just don’t see the point, maybe I’m too conservative.

You still haven't done anything more than assert your point. How do you account for the fact that the evidence appears to contradict it?

I think you're too conservative in the sense that you're trusting intuition over both evidence and more formalized thinking.

I think you'd be surprised how much "creativity" can be automated going forward by AI, especially creativity in the sense that generates money. A lot of professionals and "skilled" workers tend to have an over estimation of how irreplaceable they are with respect to automation/AI going forward relative to so called unskilled labor. The percentage of labor that truly has a unique skill set is very small..

i think you will be surprised at how hard (impossible) it is for a machine to create a groundbreaking work of art , music, film, or literature (not to mention a million other forms of self-expression)?

How long until AI starts winning oscars, grammies, or pulitzer prizes? How long until art students begin to study the “great AI painters”??

How long until an AI can create from scratch such an emotionally volatile piece as “Schindler’s List”, or Edward Munch’s “The Scream”, or Nabokov’s “Lolita”??

How long until AI releases music that captivates the globe like The Beatles’ “White Album” or Miles Davis’ “Kind Of Blue”??

I havent seen any signs that these things will happen anytime soon. Feel free to prove me wrong...

Last edited:
That's my reason for supporting the voters from each State raising their own Minimum Wage on their own terms to reflects their own Cost of Living, that means $15 like California if they think it's necessary, or $10 plus $1 for each year like Florida if that's what they truly feel like appropriate for them. That's what Democracy is!

I really want to hear the reason from all those who wants to see the Federal government forcing a $15 Minimum Wage on ALL States at once, who completely ignored the vast differences in Cost of doing Business and Cost of Living between each States, which are like night and day ($15/h is a HUGE amount in fly-over States, where everything costs far less than the coasts and houses can be bought for $100K).

So why do you think we should NOT leave what clearly is a State issue to the voters in each State to decide what's best for them and their economy?

@rearnakedchoke
@Torrid
@Daverisimo
@hitcher
@Satanical Eve
@UFCUCF
@Azazyah
@315MMAFighter
@SanJose90
@Prutfis
@Bad Karate
@Krixes
@Anaconda99
@Mike_Tyson_fan36
@Oceanmachine
@spacegnome
@Cracked_Rib
@LynxBR
@Gandhi
@nhbbear
@pinger
@Misfit23
@foxnewsfan
@Denter
@Cirris
@Andy Capp
@Tycho Brah
@forum poster
@Michaelangelo
@boxingskills
@BlankaPresident
@Queen B
@blaseblah
@StoooV2
@Jeffy37
@PajamaSnugz

You know what, I am not sure whether the state option was available when I clicked on the poll. I do think the State option should be the way to go, however, the federal government should impose a "minimum" minimum wage (e.g. 8 dollars, which is just a random threshhold I just made up) with states being allowed to adjust it accordingly to their states needs.

You still haven't done anything more than assert your point. How do you account for the fact that the evidence appears to contradict it?

I think you're too conservative in the sense that you're trusting intuition over both evidence and more formalized thinking.
I’m sure you’ve seen this study posted on here, analyzing Seattle’s $15 minimum wage increase which was a huge deal at the time. The big takeaway was a reduction in hours among low-skilled workers, earning less than they did prior.

https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w23532/w23532.pdf

I’m sure you’ve seen this study posted on here, analyzing Seattle’s $15 minimum wage increase which was a huge deal at the time. The big takeaway was a reduction in hours among low-skilled workers, earning less than they did prior.

@Jack V Savage

I was originally going to post that I’ll tap out on this one - but Sherdog saved what I was going to reply with and I accidentally submitted it.

Originally I changed my mind on the minimum wage because of something you posted a few years back - but then I reverted to my original position when I saw that study on Seattle’s effects of cutting hours which actually lead to a small decrease in overall income.

However, I did not think a single study on a single city would be convincing evidence and spent time looking at the CBO’s report on the minimum wage, and felt that arguing against the current literature isn’t going to land me in the winning position.

The one thing I do have to say is that there is definitely a lot of uncertainty when I’m reading these studies - no doubt, it’s in part due to economic studies being complex, since it isn’t removed from the rest of the world like a lab experiment, but the fundamental position among everyone is that we know it will be bad after a certain point.

My position remains unchanged though, not because I’m stubborn (I am though) but because I feel that this should be on a state by state basis and if the people don’t want it, then so be it, that’s democracy. You have the right to make bad decisions, too.

@Jack V Savage

I was originally going to post that I’ll tap out on this one - but Sherdog saved what I was going to reply with and I accidentally submitted it.

Originally I changed my mind on the minimum wage because of something you posted a few years back - but then I reverted to my original position when I saw that study on Seattle’s effects of cutting hours which actually lead to a small decrease in overall income.

I actually don't recall seeing that one. Interesting. It showed that the second increase had that effect but the first did not. That kind of reflects both my belief that the MW can be raised without harm (and with benefits for the people whose wages go up) and that we have to be careful about just how much it is raised.

However, I did not think a single study on a single city would be convincing evidence and spent time looking at the CBO’s report on the minimum wage, and felt that arguing against the current literature isn’t going to land me in the winning position.

Cool.

The one thing I do have to say is that there is definitely a lot of uncertainty when I’m reading these studies - no doubt, it’s in part due to economic studies being complex, since it isn’t removed from the rest of the world like a lab experiment, but the fundamental position among everyone is that we know it will be bad after a certain point.

My position remains unchanged though, not because I’m stubborn (I am though) but because I feel that this should be on a state by state basis and if the people don’t want it, then so be it, that’s democracy. You have the right to make bad decisions, too.

Yes, everyone agrees that it's bad after a certain point. Some people IMO foolishly think that it's bad at any point. For everyone else, the question is what the ideal level should be. I think the ideal level is clearly above where it is now but likely under $15.

A blanket $15 minimum wage is not the way to do it. Similar to the GS pay scale there should be a nationwide base minimum wage with adjustments depending on locality/cost of living. Although it should be done better then how they scale locality for GS federal employees.

If there was once state that would highly benefit from a increase in minimum wage though it would be Hawaii, although there would have be some form of tax breaks for small businesses if that were to occur. In fact in Hawaii there should be wage increases along the spectrum including higher paid professional jobs. Cost of living and housing prices are not the only reasons why Hawaii is so expensive to live at, but also that many jobs/professions are paid much lower compared to the Mainland, especially Northern California.

i think you will be surprised at how hard (impossible) it is for a machine to create a groundbreaking work of art , music, film, or literature (not to mention a million other forms of self-expression)?

How long until AI starts winning oscars, grammies, or pulitzer prizes? How long until art students begin to study the “great AI painters”??

How long until an AI can create from scratch such an emotionally volatile piece as “Schindler’s List”, or Edward Munch’s “The Scream”, or Nabokov’s “Lolita”??

How long until AI releases music that captivates the globe like The Beatles’ “White Album” or Miles Davis’ “Kind Of Blue”??

I havent seen any signs that these things will happen anytime soon. Feel free to prove me wrong...

Did I say automation/AI is capable of replacing all human labor? Note that I specifically said the amount of irreplaceable labor is extremely small, but the majority often deludes themselves into thinking they're part of that special group especially if they have some minuscule achievements.

People that have talent/skill on the level capable of creating works on the level of "oscars, grammies, or pulitzer prizes" are not going to be replaced. The percentage of people currently who can even contend for the above is minuscule. The reality is most people are delusional in thinking they are anywhere near that level capability. This applies to every field.

Lastly from a business perspective we need to consider what the actual consumer demand is for modern creative works. Most of the labor effort is in generating mass consumption commercial works which are rather formulaic to the serve the market, not the unique masterpieces you are referring to.

Last edited:
The problem with a one-size-fits-all federal minimum wage hike

Minimum wage mandates aren't free. They force employers to make difficult decisions and tradeoffs. When government forces wages up, non-wage pay goes down: Workers get less paid time off, shorter breaks, higher insurance premiums, and fewer perks. Some workers lose their jobs. Some younger and less experienced workers never get hired at all. Yet, the pain is rarely spread around evenly.

That is because the cost of living varies widely across different regions of the country. In high-cost Manhattan, for example, these tradeoffs may barely be visible at a $15 minimum wage, because wages there are already in that range. In smaller towns where costs and wages are lower, the tradeoffs would be severe. This is the regional differences argument. It is the primary reason why the push for a $15 federal minimum wage is facing an uphill battle in the Senate right now.

House members often represent heavily urban or heavily rural districts, so they don't have to worry much about regional differences. Senators do, because they represent entire states. They have constituents in expensive big cities and constituents in lower-cost small towns. Something barely felt in downtown Chicago might not play as well in Peoria. This is one reason why minimum wage bills such as the Raise the Wage Act routinely pass the House yet stall in the Senate.

Regional differences are also why President Biden, whose constituency is the entire country, said that it "Doesn't look like we can do it" about including a $15 minimum wage in the next COVID-19 spending bill.

The regional differences argument is why there should be no federal minimum wage at all. Different regions with different economic conditions should not have the same wage policy. States and cities are, rightly, free to set their own policies, and most already have. Twenty-nine states currently have minimum wages well above the current federal minimum of $7.25 per hour.

Many cities, in both blue and red states, have their own city-wide minimum wages beyond state requirements. These don't impose on smaller communities with lower living costs. If we must impose minimum wage laws, that is the way to do it.

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) recently estimated that about 1.4 million people would lose their job if the federal minimum wage goes up to $15. But what the CBO does not take into account is that most tradeoffs are more subtle than that, and that's why other studies often find smaller unemployment effects.

Firing people is a last-resort option. No employer wants to do that. Fortunately, employers are much more creative than economic models give them credit for and are good at finding less obvious ways to cut costs so more workers can keep their jobs.

How? Minimum wage laws only affect wage pay, but most workers also make non-wage pay. The mix of wage pay and non-wage pay is different at every company and for every worker. But when legislation drives wage pay up, non-wage pay, in whatever form, usually goes down and cancels out much of the wage hike. For many affected workers, total compensation would be almost unchanged.

That does not mean zero job losses. It also does not mean that younger, less experienced workers won't be hurt. But it does explain why unemployment effects are often smaller than economists expect. Minimum wages have many tradeoffs. Unemployment is just one of them.

Servers and bartenders in Washington, D.C. stumbled upon one such trade off. They found out that customers tend to tip less when they know their servers have a high minimum wage. The resulting public outcry from service workers prompted the city council to exempt tipped workers from the city's standard minimum wage, which increases to $15 on July 1.

Minimum wages are not a free good. They have tradeoffs. While politicians might not pay much mind to such economic arguments, they are well aware of the regional differences among their constituents. If they listen, they should reject a one-size-fits-all federal minimum wage hike and, instead, let cities and states make decisions that best suit the people in their communities.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-...a-one-size-fits-all-federal-minimum-wage-hike

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-...a-one-size-fits-all-federal-minimum-wage-hike

Thanks for the bump. Heard something a week or two ago that made me consider rehashing the thread which was over half of those working on the minimum wage are 25 or younger despite being 20% of the workforce. I already assumed it was disproportionately younger people but not to that large of a degree. I'd say the cost of living factor is the main reason you the federal government should be out in front leading the push but that other factor has to be a decent second.
https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/minimum-wage/2017/home.htm

Wages need to increase according to inflation. The lower class is getting larger and larger in America. Biden is such a hero. He's doing what is RIGHT. Finally someone fighting for us.

I want to address the element of non-wage pay from the article. One of the biggest issues that has affected wage stagnation in the country is precisely the strip down of wages for non-wage compensation.

Non-wage compensation has largely accrued to those in higher wage jobs to begin with. The PTO, paid health insurance, 401(k) matches, etc. are benefits that don't go to minimum wage workers. One could make a strong argument that those benefits have been paid for by not raising the minimum and could represent a transfer of value from the poorest to everyone above them.

To me, I think reductions in non-wage pay is probably one of the weaker anti-minimum wage arguments once we dig into the relationship between wages and non-wage pay over time.

And I say this while firmly believing that we don't need to raise the minimum wage...we should simply institute a UBI and let employers price their jobs however they want. A lower wage rate means more corporate profits and some of that gain can be captured via corporate taxes and then redistributed to the poorest people, who would be those most likely to have taken a minimum wage job in the first place.

Interesting idea

https://noahpinion.substack.com/p/why-not-tie-minimum-wage-to-local

Here are two things that sensible, right-thinking Americans want to do:

1) Increase wages for the people at the bottom of the distribution, without throwing a lot of people out of work

2) Increase the supply of housing in order to make housing cheaper for the average American

What if there were one policy that could do both of these at once? My idea is to index future minimum wage increases to local rents. There are some challenges for making this work, but it has the potential to improve both wages and housing at the same time. Let me explain why…

How fast should minimum wage go up?
As it exists now, the minimum wage goes down over time in real terms, because of inflation. For example, the federal minimum wage in 1980 was $3.10, which in today’s terms is $9.84 (36% higher than the current federal minimum wage of $7.25). So in order to keep minimum wage at a level that allows workers to live a decent life, minimum wage needs to go up over time.

But there’s also the issue of local differences. A $15 wage goes a lot farther in small-town Oklahoma than it does in New York City. If we set the small-town Oklahoma wage too high, it’ll cause problems, including unemployment; if we set the NYC wage too low, it won’t boost people out of poverty. The clear solution is to index minimum wage increases to local conditions in some way, so that you can have a higher level in NYC than in small-town Oklahoma.

But which conditions? One suggestion is to tie minimum wage increases to local productivity. The theory here is that wage is supposed to equal productivity (remember Econ 101?), and that the reason small-town Oklahoma has lower wages than NYC is that its productivity is lower. In fact, the idea that minimum wages should have kept pace with productivity is a big reason people want to raise the minimum wage to $15 now, instead of $10, since productivity has gone up by more than inflation.

But there are problems with the productivity approach. First of all, what we actually measure is average productivity, while the Econ 101 theory says wages should equal marginal productivity. Those aren’t necessarily the same, and can diverge over time — for example, if returns to scale change. In fact, marginal productivity isn’t even something we can observe! Second of all, productivity is subject to composition effects — it tends to jump up in recessions, not because recessions make the economy more productive, but because less productive workers tend to get laid off in large numbers. And third, productivity is an average, and changes in that average may not apply to low-wage workers.

Another idea is to index future minimum wage increases to inflation. This would probably be OK. But changes in average prices don’t necessarily equal changes in the prices of the things poor people buy. If stuff the poor people buy goes up in price faster than the average, then minimum wage wouldn’t keep up if it were tied to the average. In other words, if the price of big-screen TVs and luxury cars and McMansions goes down, but the price of food and rent and bus fare goes up, we don’t want to cut minimum wage. So that’s one thing to worry about.

The best idea put forward so far is to tie future minimum wage increases to median local wages. In fact, this is the solution Biden has proposed! The reasoning here is that median wages tell us about how high we can raise the minimum wage before it starts to risk significant unemployment. The general rule of thumb is that if minimum wage is 60% of the median wage (for full-time workers) or lower, it’s not going to cause much job loss. So if minimum wage is at a safe level and it rises along with median wage, it’ll remain safe.

This is a good solution, but I think we might be able to do even better. My idea is to tie local minimum wage hikes to increases in local rent. There are two reasons to do this:

1. Because rent is a good proxy for the cost of living for poor people, and

2. Because tying minimum wages to rent provides an incentive for cities to build more housing.
Rent is the biggest single expense that low-income Americans have, and they spend more of their income on rent than people with higher incomes do. Via Eli Dourado, here’s a chart showing the percent of consumption spending that goes to rent, for all the income deciles:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6186d667-360d-4a03-be9f-e3c952e2a710_1600x1164.png

Of course the y-axis is truncated, so the difference isn’t huge, but you can see that people at the bottom of the distribution spend over a quarter of their income on rent, while people at the top spend maybe one-sixth. A quarter of your income is a huge amount!

Also, inflation includes luxury items and stuff that people can make do without. But no one can make do without shelter, so it seems like if we want to make sure that minimum wage keeps up with the cost of living, we should look at the cost of the most essential items, like shelter and food, instead of inflation overall.

So indexing minimum wage to the cost of shelter would be better than indexing it to inflation. But what about indexing it to median wage? Well, tying minimum wages to (market) rent would have another added benefit: It would push cities to build more housing.

Currently, many American cities have an affordability crisis — high-income people have been moving in, but powerful homeowners dominate local politics, and these homeowners tend to fight against any new housing development. Rising demand for housing with stagnant supply has caused rents to spiral.

The solution, of course, is to build more housing, in order to accommodate the inflow of people. But NIMBYs block this at the local level. The federal government would like to get involved, but because of America’s federalist system, they don’t have many policy levers for forcing states and cities to build more housing. The best federal policy that people have been able to suggest is to hand out money, e.g. through HUD, and then making it conditional on hitting housing targets. But this is a pretty weak lever.

Suppose, though, that minimum wage increases were tied to (market) rents. Businesses that pay low wages — especially restaurants — want to keep minimum wage as low as possible. If they could only do this by lowering market rents, they would become a powerful pro-housing lobby! You’d see local NIMBY homeowners show up to planning meetings, only to get shouted down by local restauranteurs!

And the beauty of this system is, even if business lobbies DID succeed in holding down minimum wages by forcing local governments to build more housing and reduce local rents, it wouldn’t matter. Because rent would be so cheap, it would still work out in poor people’s favor; their wages would be lower, but so would their rent.

Now, there are a couple ways I see that this system could go wrong. First, in places where business lobbies managed to keep minimum wages low by keeping rent really cheap, poor people could still suffer from high costs for items like food, transportation, clothing, and home heating. One solution here is to tie minimum wage to a basket of essential goods that poor people tend to spend most of their money on — so instead of just rent, tie it to rent and food and clothing and utilities. Since rent is the biggest single item in that basket, and the one whose cost is easiest for local governments to reduce with wise policies, this would still provide businesses with an incentive to lobby for more housing supply.

A thornier problem is: Which rents? Rent differs a lot by neighborhood, and if you tie minimum wage to median rent, cities might be able to game the system by reducing housing costs for the middle-class but not for the poor themselves. So you have to have some way of measuring rent for low-income people specifically. That data could be tough to gather reliably, and cities could try to game it. I see this as the biggest challenge for this policy idea.

But anyway, I believe this is an idea worth investigating. The possibility of killing two birds with one stone — tying minimum wage to the actual essential costs faced by poor people, while also giving cities a federal-level incentive to build more housing — seems too tempting to ignore.

(Update: Of course, the policy would have to be based on market rents for low-income people, so that cities couldn’t just game it with rent control. That would include the rent charged by public housing, government-subsidized housing, and housing subsidized by inclusionary zoning, but would not include rent-controlled units.)

I want to address the element of non-wage pay from the article. One of the biggest issues that has affected wage stagnation in the country is precisely the strip down of wages for non-wage compensation.

Non-wage compensation has largely accrued to those in higher wage jobs to begin with. The PTO, paid health insurance, 401(k) matches, etc. are benefits that don't go to minimum wage workers. One could make a strong argument that those benefits have been paid for by not raising the minimum and could represent a transfer of value from the poorest to everyone above them.

I don't see any correlation to fringe benefit increases in high skilled labor roles and low skilled labor wage stagnation. Increases in non-wage comp are a result of the basic principles of economics which is to balance supply and demand. Maintaining top talent in order to continue driving top and bottom line growth is the sole driver of these benefits.

Even once historically low paid trade skills have seen an absolute boom in pay once again solely tied to economics. When you have a skill in demand you get paid more. Hence, go to school and get a real major or skill rather than an Art History major or Diversity management degree.

Back