That was Reyes' first time going five rounds

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If he had some 5 round fights under his belt, hard to imagine he even comes close to losing a decision to the jones we saw tonight.

I thought reyes won three rounds anyway, but im not completely furious about the decision. i just think that his gas tank obviously lacked a bit and with some more experience going five he could have widened the gap and erased any questions.

as long as youre not completely furious then im ok also.

Let's run it back. The fight made Reyes a star. I thought Jones won a razor thin fight. I enjoyed it.

I would like to think so, but the judges scored it a unanimous decision for Jones, going as far as to say that he won four rounds. Reyes with improved cardio would still probably lose a split or majority decision due to corrupt ju- I mean octagon control.

I would like to think so, but the judges scored it a unanimous decision for Jones, going as far as to say that he won four rounds. Reyes with improved cardio would still probably lose a split or majority decision due to corrupt ju- I mean octagon control.
i would like to think this was a texas problem, based on what we saw earlier on the card

they do shit a little differently there

but you never know. jones' pressure is pretty incredible; even in the face of a potential loss, hard shots and incessant digs to the body. he never, ever stops.

I lost 300 on reyes… but legit as long as ur good im good.
i won money on a jones, shevchenko parlay. i was really confident on this bet and placed a good amount on it.

thought reyes won 3 rounds. what can i say? guess i was lucky and you werent. its gambling for a reason. fight was close, brah.

So was Santos's fight against Jones.

Yup and it showed he was drained the last 2 rounds that's why he lost.

So was Santos's fight against Jones.
<mma4>

The legs were obviously a huge factor but yeah it’s still worth mentioning

Championship round experience is gigantic. Boxers slowly go from 3 or 4 to 12 rounds over time as they approach championship level and that’s with shorter rounds in a less taxing sport. Can’t really overstate it.

Jesus stop crying already its a learning experience for him. What we all saw is holes in his game and more and more people exploiting it. The end is near for Jon jones reign as the champion

If he had some 5 round fights under his belt, hard to imagine he even comes close to losing a decision to the jones we saw tonight.

I thought reyes won three rounds anyway, but im not completely furious about the decision. i just think that his gas tank obviously lacked a bit and with some more experience going five he could have widened the gap and erased any questions.
giphy.gif

Yeah but you gotta understand,trying to do this shit again will be harder than the first time. Now Jones knows what you do. You gotta come up with new shit. and the new shit ALSO has to last 5 rounds,wether you get hurt or not.

Reyes won this fight,and had the element of surprise in that jones had never fought him before. Reyes could come into the new fight with confidence,but bottom line is,he should have gotten this one and the judges took it away from him,and now hes gotta do it all over again,just so some judge could possibly screw him again.

Kinda like Stipe-JDS 1 then? First full 5 rounder for Stipe, comes out strong at first and then fades a bit, allowing JDS to take the decision?

Kinda like Stipe-JDS 1 then? First full 5 rounder for Stipe, comes out strong at first and then fades a bit, allowing JDS to take the decision?
Yep, that’s one of many examples that I always go to in these situations. Personal experience and also watching enough fights as a fan tells me this is a bigger jump than we typically give it credit for.

also why I don’t know why zabit is avoiding it. Get it over with, get the experience and get better

Jones knows it too, btw

Back