That is why Jones is losing fans

I agree. I mean look at the Diaz brothers. Do you think those guys would be as popular if they weren't constant professionals with nothing but love and respect for all of their opponents? I don't think so.

What I didn't like was how Jon played DC. Jon wants to touch gloves in the beginning and throughout the fight, then after beating him comes off as the most disrespectful he's ever been. I expect Jon to be the classier guy being that he speaks so highly of himself being a true martial artist

Maybe you should stick to shows that have more TMZ and less fighting. You obviously are a sore loser. DC lost both the physical fight and the mental fight. :D

DC should have just knocked him out when he just stopped moving at the end

DC had given up there. he was just hugging jones and waiting for the clock to run out. not a shining example of competitive spirit IMO. fight til the end or don't fight.

Jones won that pretty easily. It was no secret these two guys don't like each other. Great effort by both men. I was impressed with Jones' take down defense and also his take downs.

Exactly. Cormier is every bit as classless or annoying. Jones can say or do whatever he wants. It's funny. Some of the same people who hate Jones are fans of the Diaz brothers.

Jones outperformed Cormier. He was a clearly superior fighter in the cage. No interest in seeing a rematch. Cormier can't fight at a fast enough pace at 205. Unleashes just able to physically dominate.

why do you assume there is a parallel between the diaz brothers and jones? i've never heard nick or nate say that people should look up to them--that's jones's schtick. nick and nate don't talk about the nobility of fighting, they talk about the barbarity. there are more differences than similarities.

After tonight there is no doubt in my mind that Jones is the the best fighter I have ever witnessed fight. There have been fighter's in the past like Fedor who was an absolute monster that paved the way for people like Jones to even exist but when all is said and done, I think I would finally have to give the edge to Jones as the better fighter.

Everyone that is even somewhat close to the top in their respective weight class has been training much smarter and to a certain standard these last few years in MMA than compared to fighters during most of fedor's reign. For this reason alone I think it is harder to stay as consistent as Jones has been vs how consistent fedor used to be.

Today we saw Jones fight a lot of the fight on the inside where his reach advantage could not be utilized. It reminded me a lot of the corales vs castillo fight. No one can claim Jones' reach won him this fight ,however, it was obvious his height helps him out a lot when it comes to grappling shorter fighters .That said, he possesses freakish strength unheard of for his lankier frame.

When all is said and done though it was made very clear why I don't want Jones to remain successful in MMA once more last night. He raised his hands at the end of that fight and postured like he was done fightong. Cormier felt this and let go. Jones saw this as am opportunity and sucker punched the man.

I just don't understand how so many people on this site can back someone like that up. I read a lot of bad things about Nick Diaz on this site but Nick has 10 times the respect Jones has for his opponents and the fight game, period.

After tonight there is no doubt in my mind that Jones is the the best fighter I have ever witnessed fight. There have been fighter's in the past like Fedor who was an absolute monster that paved the way for people like Jones to even exist but when all is said and done, I think I would finally have to give the edge to Jones as the better fighter.

Everyone that is even somewhat close to the top in their respective weight class has been training much smarter and to a certain standard these last few years in MMA than compared to fighters during most of fedor's reign. For this reason alone I think it is harder to stay as consistent as Jones has been vs how consistent fedor used to be.

Today we saw Jones fight a lot of the fight on the inside where his reach advantage could not be utilized. It reminded me a lot of the corales vs castillo fight. No one can claim Jones' reach won him this fight ,however, it was obvious his height helps him out a lot when it comes to grappling shorter fighters .That said, he possesses freakish strength unheard of for his lankier frame.

When all is said and done though it was made very clear why I don't want Jones to remain successful in MMA once more last night. He raised his hands at the end of that fight and postured like he was done fightong. Cormier felt this and let go. Jones saw this as am opportunity and sucker punched the man.

I just don't understand how so many people on this site can back someone like that up. I read a lot of bad things about Nick Diaz on this site but Nick has 10 times the respect Jones has for his opponents and the fight game, period.

The fight was still going when Jones hit Cormier and the ref wasn't in between them, it was nothing more than a lack of concentration from DC.

Back