That first score card

is a

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
48-47 Felder
Now what was that judge drinking again? It was all RDA throughout the fight.

Also, I initially wrote off RDA but he's a LOT smarter than I thought. His experiences in WW clearly helped him with preparing for bigger guys in that ring.

Btw Felder looked like a weight class above RDA btw, and RDA fought at WW for god's sakes.

It was clearly 5-0 or 4-1 RDA. Not sure how you can get 48-47 RDA.....Round 4 is the only round you could argue for Felder
Nah they were all extremely close outside of round 5.

It was Chris Lee

He's prone to some bad scores

Dude had Gastelum over Woodley, and Vettori over Adesanya

I wonder if that judge thought Felder won rounds clearly or if he thought the rounds were very close and just ended up putting Felder as the winner by the slimmest of margins.

I think it's a common problem that judges are encouraged to always declare a winner even if it's just by a hair.

I think they should adress this by revamping the scoring system: don't summarize the score per judge. Summarize it per round.
If 2/3 judges think RDA won the first round - score the first round for RDA.

You could even let judges make a note in the scorecards if a 10-9 was very close.
When you do the summary you can inspect every round where judges disagreed, and if all of them thought the round was close - then obviously that round shouldn't have as much impact on the final score, so make it a 10-10 cause it was too close to be judged reliably.

Last edited:
This is why UFC needs 5 judges instead of 3.

Back