• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TFW Jake Shields has wins over Robbie, Condit, Woodley and Maia

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
giphy.gif

martin-kampmann-jake-shields-1.jpg

Bm5khqcCcAASdnj.jpg

2qbhk5d.jpg

Pretty amazing. Sucks he ain't in the UFC anymore.

Isn't he fighting Fitch next? I think he is.

Tbh I miss shields, and I enjoyed his fight with palhares. Even though I was rooting for rousimar, I felt bad that shields was essentially cheated against after a great grappling war.

Shields could still beat most of welterweight top 10 IMO

shields4.0.0.JPG

Palhares still owned him though via cup choke.

Damn I wish I knew how to not be terrible with computers or i would have had to put the obligatory BJ Penn nods in approval GIF. Regardless that's impressive

Tbh I miss shields, and I enjoyed his fight with palhares. Even though I was rooting for rousimar, I felt bad that shields was essentially cheated against after a great grappling war.

Shields could still beat most of welterweight top 10 IMO

original

Shields is a beast. Top 5 WW ever arguably top 3. These sketchy decisions arent doing anything for lawler's legacy.

I feel like Shields is one of those under the radar legends whose big wins were in smaller organizations despite the competition he was facing so he tends not to get as much credit as some of the guys who fought in major organizations for most of their careers.

Palhares needs to be let back in the UFC. That's the real WW champ right there. I think he beats everyone but Rory. Rory will put on his best Alan Belcher impersonation. I no he's an asshole but he's a damn special fighter.

Easily one of the best to ever do it at WW, guy gets little respect but has had an amazing career

so we're back to relying on horrible judging to dictate wins eh??

that was quick.

Freaking kills me because I really enjoyed his fights. His match with Maia was insane. I still can't believe he got cut and it should be a reminder that anything is possible when dealing with the Zuffa machine.

very impressive, it seems clear he belongs in the ufc, so to speak. or you could say it really shows how the ufc is more wwe than mma. phil brooks a ufc fighter but not shields.

Sheilds and Fish were unmarketable as champs, and contender killers, so they had to get rid of them.

He belongs in the UFC but the UFC is a business, and the promoters need to make money for their business.

Shields, Okami and Fitch weren't putting asses in seats with their styles. All three had a title shot, too.

He should be in the UFC but the UFC is about sports entertainment not mixed martial arts.

It should be call just Stand up mixed martial arts since grappling is apparently boring.

Back