Movies Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)

The re-make with Biel is good..

587690c955f711a8b36fbd0fa146826f.gif
Priiiiiiiiiiiime Biel...nom nom nom.

The remake is still great. Also seeing it in the theaters was a cool memory. I had just graduated from HS, and was working in a small factory 2nd shift at the time. We had 12-15 people on the shift, and everyone from the Supervisor down was 18-25. They had a policy, that if everyone decided to use time off "points", we were allowed to shut down the place early. So working 3-11pm, we all agreed to use half a point, shut down early/leave at 7, and then went to see this together as a group opening night.

The remake is still great. Also seeing it in the theaters was a cool memory. I had just graduated from HS, and was working in a small factory 2nd shift at the time. We had 12-15 people on the shift, and everyone from the Supervisor down was 18-25. They had a policy, that if everyone decided to use time off "points", we were allowed to shut down the place early. So working 3-11pm, we all agreed to use half a point, shut down early/leave at 7, and then went to see this together as a group opening night.
Sounds like a good time. Similar for me. Our local theatre was pretty lackadaisical on the R rated movie tickets for all the teens. So opening night the theatre is half full of freshmen and sophomores, almost all us knowing each other, we had a blast. Was such a fun movie to see in a setting like that where there’s vicious kills and Biel gets her big comeback in the end with everyone cheering her on

There hasn't been a decent TCSM movie since 3 way back in 1990. The remake and its' prequel were ok as horror flicks but were too squeaky clean and sanitized for the franchise, every teen in those movies looked like models wearing makeup at all times.
The series was never about gore and carnage, the original movie barely had any blood in it, it was all about the implication and the protagonist going crazy due to the events of the film. The sequel upped the gore, but only had one onscreen kill until the last half hour, then another character died from wounds inflicted a while prior, and there was only one other onscreen death due to a fall after that. Tobe Hooper knew how to make a movie feel insane and grimy and get the most out of a little, the original TCSM, Eaten Alive, The Funhouse, and TCSM 2 all had that trademark feel. Shoot, his remake of Invaders from Mars was pretty damn crazy as well, especially for a PG rating.
I know most horror franchises devolved into self parody, but I mean Hooper intentionally made part 2 so different from the original and the following movies can't even mimic that film (House of 1,000 Corpses at least tried to). TCSM homages outside of the franchise have done a better job of being TCSM movies than most franchise entries (especially early ones like Motel Hell and Tourist Trap).

Watched this tonight and I was actually thoroughly impressed with the amount of gore in it. It’s definitely the most violent movie in the franchise. It seems to be getting shitty reviews but those are from idiots wanting some cerebral psychological thriller out of a splatter film. It’s worth a watch.

Sorry, movie is turrible

Final verdict, ..a 2 maybe? Given the 82 minute runtime, it was basically an edgy CW/WB(I don't know what it is anymore, because I don't watch that shit)..just over an hour "special".

What was that super shitty one where they made Leatherface the good guy? With the worst line in movie history from the protagonist, some shit like “get em cuz” and she throws him the chainsaw? This movie shits on that one.

What was that super shitty one where they made Leatherface the good guy? With the worst line in movie history from the protagonist, some shit like “get em cuz” and she throws him the chainsaw? This movie shits on that one.

“Do your thing, cuz.” Goddamn that was awful

They need to do a spinoff.
The North Dakota Chainsaw Massacre or The Alabama Jackhammer Bludgeoning

Word.

Agreed that it’s still a great film. I love how they changed little things too as to keep it fresh for those that knew the original the difference in the hitchhikers from both films sets the tone from the start. The re-make is a bit more brutal while the original was a little more atmospheric and demented.

What series’ timeline is now more convoluted? Halloween or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Hell TTCM now has three direct sequels to the original lol.

74 and it’s sequel are the only ones worth watching.

There hasn't been a decent TCSM movie since 3 way back in 1990. The remake and its' prequel were ok as horror flicks but were too squeaky clean and sanitized for the franchise, every teen in those movies looked like models wearing makeup at all times.
The series was never about gore and carnage, the original movie barely had any blood in it, it was all about the implication and the protagonist going crazy due to the events of the film. The sequel upped the gore, but only had one onscreen kill until the last half hour, then another character died from wounds inflicted a while prior, and there was only one other onscreen death due to a fall after that. Tobe Hooper knew how to make a movie feel insane and grimy and get the most out of a little, the original TCSM, Eaten Alive, The Funhouse, and TCSM 2 all had that trademark feel. Shoot, his remake of Invaders from Mars was pretty damn crazy as well, especially for a PG rating.
I know most horror franchises devolved into self parody, but I mean Hooper intentionally made part 2 so different from the original and the following movies can't even mimic that film (House of 1,000 Corpses at least tried to). TCSM homages outside of the franchise have done a better job of being TCSM movies than most franchise entries (especially early ones like Motel Hell and Tourist Trap).

I mean really thats the story of pretty much every horror franchise from that era isnt it? previously interesting films just became fooder for a cheap modern formula made by people without anything like the vision of Hooper, Carpenter, et, jumpscares and gore is enough for them.

The worst thing about horror is horror fans who lap that formula up and make sure its all Hollywood bothers with, the same with comedy thats devolved into just SNL fratboy stuff.

Last edited:
Back