Testing in 2 hours, wish me luck

minimagpro

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
well im testing with Luiz Palhares at 1:00 today. Wish me luck, ill report when i get back on the seminar and the testing

btw im testing for some stripes on my white, ive decide to wait till late september to go for my blue

u dnt need diffrent coloured belts too show skill unless ure entering a tournament

Testing for stripes..? Meh, seems pointless.

testing ?...sounds kinda fishy to me, like a karate kata or something. It should'nt take a formated test to increase your rank. Most instructors consider a tournament or simply the amount you learned and can do well as a test. Never heard of a BJJ instructor issueing a test.

HornforPrez said:
testing ?...sounds kinda fishy to me, like a karate kata or something. It should'nt take a formated test to increase your rank. Most instructors consider a tournament or simply the amount you learned and can do well as a test. Never heard of a BJJ instructor issueing a test.
Ditto
-Jon

At my gym, they just kind of base it on tournament performance and how you train at the gym. I wouldn't take a formalized test like that...

If he doesn't train under Luiz Palhares full-time, but is with an affiliated school I see nothing wrong with a formal test. However I myself never liked formal BJJ test and perfer rank being given due to performance in training and in competition.

Just curious where do you regularly train?

Well we do testing a certain way and i think that everyone likes it. Luiz has a huge list of techniques for each stripe and belt and its a good way to determine your skill

I got 4 stripes today and I had to know an assload of stuff.

thats just the way we do belt progression and no one complains

good luck im up for my green belt on wednesday wish me luck too

Who do you train with when Luiz isn't in town? Also which seminar was this?

We only have testing for the kids at our school. The adults just get the belts when they do things right in a real rolling session on a consistant basis.

Good luck though

minimagpro said:
Well we do testing a certain way and i think that everyone likes it. Luiz has a huge list of techniques for each stripe and belt and its a good way to determine your skill

I got 4 stripes today and I had to know an assload of stuff.

thats just the way we do belt progression and no one complains

Sounds good to me. God luck!!

Minimagpro, could you write out a list of the techniques you did for the test? cheers.

HornforPrez said:

Maybe he doesn't train with Luiz full time? If he can't train full time with a black belt(some of us living out in the sticks can't), then there has to be a valid way of testing.

BTW, Luiz is as legit as black belts get. Look up some info on him sometime, he is an amazing teacher and BJJ'er. I have had the honor of being at 6 of his seminars.

Back