Terere vs Telles

GordoBarraBJJ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
a friendly little sparring session:

[YT]ALqG2e5N5Zc[/YT]

This is just like when I saw that Liborio rolling vid. So many simple sweeps...

Terere is the Helio of sport BJJ. Also, after all those years training with Telles, I bet he has the sickest anti-turtle game in the world.

I doubt there would be another terere vs Marcelo. They've fought twice at least and now terere is back with alliance I believe.

I doubt there would be another terere vs Marcelo. They've fought twice at least and now terere is back with alliance I believe.

According to Terere, they've actually fought 4 times.
1 of them was at a seminar in Japan, was set up as a superfight.
FYI Terere won all 4 matches.

I was watching that interview last week while working out and I almost fell off the exercise bike when he said he beat Marcelo 4 times. Did you ask him if anyone has video footage of the other matches? Do you know how he won?

Terere is the most talented BJJ competitor ever IMO. Great to see him work his way back into the sport.

Terere is the most talented BJJ competitor ever IMO. Great to see him work his way back into the sport.

He pioneered styles of guard passing that were only really adopted much later.

But he has been out of the loop for a long time when it comes to competition so I don't think he can still medal at the worlds as the guys are just too good.

He has nothing to prove at this stage, he beat some of the best in the world and was the closest person to submitting Roger. I don't think anyone has followed his lead to fight in the ultra heavyweight category when he was a light weight.

how bout the rumored footage of him and BJ Penn at purple belt???

while i like terere as much as anyone (even visited him in the mental hospital when he was in bad shape), I don't think he is the most talented bjj competitor ever. Terere usually won on points and never showed the dominance that say Roger/Marcello/Mendez Brothers/Cobrinha Margarida showed when they blasted through everyone during their world championship runs. Also IIRC he lost to nino and shaolin when they were all in their primes. IMHO the pound for pound best ever was nino when he was on. Because when he was on, it didn't matter what weight class you were.

Last edited:
Will Terere ever be able to compete in Pans or Worlds again?

while i like terere as much as anyone (even visited him in the mental hospital when he was in bad shape), I don't think he is the most talented bjj competitor ever. Terere usually won on points and never showed the dominance that say Roger/Marcello/Mendez Brothers/Cobrinha Margarida showed when they blasted through everyone during their world championship runs. Also IIRC he lost to nino and shaolin when they were all in their primes. IMHO the pound for pound best ever was nino when he was on. Because when he was on, it didn't matter what weight class you were.

Nino very inconsistent though. When I say most talented I don't mean greatest but rather just most raw talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back