Terere returning to competition

This is the first I heard of him returning back to a major competition. The last thing I heard of doing was traveling and doing seminars.

He relapsed and was out of competition because of drug problems again. Imo he is one of the greats. One of the few guys in marcelo's weight class who have beaten him. The guys known for beating marcelo: drysdale, jacare, popovitch & others are all weightclasses above him

He relapsed and was out of competition because of drug problems again. Imo he is one of the greats. One of the few guys in marcelo's weight class who have beaten him. The guys known for beating marcelo: drysdale, jacare, popovitch & others are all weightclasses above him

Isn't Braulio in Marcelo's weightclass too? I was never sure what weight he competed in gi.

According to BJJ Heroes, Estima is a 191lber, making him a Meio Pesado.

Still impressive that he beat Marcelo in that impressive run at ADCC in 09

How many major competitions can he do without being able to get into the States? No world's or pans for sure

To be fair Marcelo has beaten both Drysdale and Popovitch numerous times and have only lost to each of them once.

Terere did the mexico nationals a few months ago guys. THAT was his return to high level competition.

Terere did the mexico nationals a few months ago guys. THAT was his return to high level competition.

That's what I was getting at. Granted, the Euros are a bigger tournament than that, but it's technically not his return.

ok so i'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, but when was his last relapse? how long has he been ok?

ok so i'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, but when was his last relapse? how long has he been ok?

His last relapse was last year i think. I think i heard about it after pans or worlds. . I cant remember, but i read it in gracie mag.

I am pumped for this for sure. Would love to see how he still stacks up against todays top guys

Slick Rick got banned? The brown from 10P? Why?

And I am pretty sure it's lifetime for terere

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I don't really know what I'm talking about but...

I believe Terere's chances for a relapse are less now, because from what I understand, his core problem was not properly understood.

A lot of his drug problems were rooted in or exacerbated by schizophrenia. With the right treatment of the core problem, managing his addiction should hopefully be more successful.

Wait, did I miss something? Is he not allowed in the U.S. or something?

Back