Teofimo Lopez is a bum and only looked good thanks to Loma

StopDucking

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
No, I am not trolling. Yes, I can explain so sit down and listen.

Lopez is an atheltic guy with the boxing IQ of an oyster shell. He's not physically disabled, is physically capable of throwing jabs and straight punches but chooses not to. His whole game is to charge straight into the opponent and swing for the fences. No gameplan, no discipline.

The thing is, Loma's footwork and distance management was so impeccable that Lopez couldn't do that. He couldn't just stand there and brawl or he would have hitten air. Loma forced Lopez to move his feet in order to chase him and throw straights to try and touch him from a distance.

What happens if Lopez is left to his own devices? Dude goes straight back to mindless brawling and the result could be lucky (vs Commey) or unlucky (vs Kambosos). The guy cannot box and is extremely blessed Loma's greatness brought out the best of him that night, which will never happen again.

You think Teofimo can take Mikey/Josue/Regis?

I wont say he is a bum

but he aint the second coming

i noted this after hsi last fight
but he relies too heavily on his physical gifts. He is an amazing athlete so he his main natural talents are hand speed and power. both are pretty amazing but i feel like he has a bit provodnikov syndrome. his natural gifts carried himt hat extra mile into the lime light and then regressed into relying on trying to catch dudes with his speed and then his power to close the show.

he wants to have that pressure counter style but he doesnt fight the way the real upper crust of them do

saying he is a bum though is a strecth

dude has a win over LOma and has been at the top of the sport for years

aint no bum

I'm assuming ts is a Loma fan right? So ts, you think trashing the man who beat Loma & calling him a bum does any favors for Loma? If the guy who beat Loma is a bum, what does that make Loma?

Reactions: HHJ
Embarrassing.

Not trying to be a jerk but this is as a bad take and not the dunk on Teo you think it is.

Lol
Out of context posts look dumb more often than not.
Absolutely.

Like that Pigeon saluting eggplants.... if you know, you know, if you don't it seems retarded. ;)

Teo only looked good because he had to fight up to Loma's greatness......huh?

I don't think he's a bum, but i also don't think he's half as good as he and his dad think he is.
he and Danny Garcia have the same problem. both of them need to tell their dads to shut the fuck up. i think Teo could be even better if he dropped his dad as a trainer. that being said.....Loma's shoulder was fucked and even then Teo couldnt finish him nor did he win by a wide margin. additionally he showed poor class when he refused to grant Loma a rematch. i was happy when Kambosos beat him.

Teofimo can look bad. He can also look good.

stunning observation bud

People have this unilateral way of thinking when it comes to sports (and other things) where a team/fighter is either all good or all bad. Teo is a good fighter who can have an off night. The same way Andy Ruiz had a very ON night against AJ or Kovalev had a very OFF night against Canelo or Teo had a very ON night combined with Loma's OFF night.

Few sensible fans would hold the position that Andy Ruiz is a better overall fighter than AJ or that Teo is better than Loma, but for at least one night that was the case. Also need to account for styles where Loma might only lose to boxer punchers that are bigger and longer like Teo or AJ might do much worse versus smaller guys w fast hands. One matchup doesnt define a fighters ceiling.

Reactions: HHJ
he and Danny Garcia have the same problem. both of them need to tell their dads to shut the fuck up. i think Teo could be even better if he dropped his dad as a trainer. that being said.....Loma's shoulder was fucked and even then Teo couldnt finish him nor did he win by a wide margin. additionally he showed poor class when he refused to grant Loma a rematch. i was happy when Kambosos beat him.

Most people would agree with the entire post. Loma probably wins a rematch as he won 5/6 rounds and it was no surprise Teo suffered against Teo, in part, because he couldnt make weight. Teo was a HUGE LW. Loma alrdy in his 3rd weight class at 135

Back