tendonitis (supps suggestion)

Justyn Riley

Blue Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
ok, so my elbows both have a bit of a problem with tendonitis. It usually doesn't have too much of an effect but occasionally they do inflame a bit. At the worst, I can't push my hand into gloves b/c of my elbow (nothing a lot of advil can't help with) I take supps for joints (Joint MD at the moment) What I'm wondering is if anyone has any suggestions for suppliments that can help with tendons.

I believe Fish Oil is mentioned a few times and said to help. Check out the FAQ I think that's where I read it.

People will tell you an omega-3 supplement on top of either Animal Flex, Super Cissus Rx, Orange Triad, or Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM (which is in Orange Triad anyway)

I've had it bug me once in a while in the past.. Give it some rest and ice it ALOT!!! Haven't had a problem since I started taking glucosamine and fish oil... Also seperated my lifting days a little better to give my arms a rest.. not sure if ur lifting weights..???

Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM from Vitamin Shoppe (it's a little cheaper).

I used to get tendonitus in my eblows so bad that I couldn't drive sometimes.

Omega 3 also helped out my hips.

fish oil and bulk cissus ftw

ok, so my elbows both have a bit of a problem with tendonitis. It usually doesn't have too much of an effect but occasionally they do inflame a bit. At the worst, I can't push my hand into gloves b/c of my elbow (nothing a lot of advil can't help with) I take supps for joints (Joint MD at the moment) What I'm wondering is if anyone has any suggestions for suppliments that can help with tendons.

Supplements like glucosamine may help a little bit, but the truth is that RESTING is the only good treatment for this type of tendonitis/bursitis. You should also figure out exactly which part of your training routine is exacerbating your tendonitis and modify it.

e.g. Weightlifters get tendonitis in their forearms from using the straight bar for curls. By changing to the EZ curl, they can eliminate alot of unneeded stress on their tendons.

I also agree with the suggestion to ICE your elbows down. And if you're going to take a lot of ibuprofen, make sure you're taking it with some food, or you'll end up with stomach ulcers......

Something to think about......

e.g. Weightlifters get tendonitis in their forearms from using the straight bar for curls. By changing to the EZ curl, they can eliminate alot of unneeded stress on their tendons.

First off, what's with the color? Secondly, that's why curls are for the Zops and upnorthmmas of the world.

trust me, I'm big on the RICE method. but you can only rest it so much when you've got training that needs doing. I try to limit my ibuprofen, but will use it if I really need to.

There's a good blend called Ligatend, I've been able to avoid tendonitis in my right shoulder (simple overuse injury) by this, systemic enzymes, and GNC's Enjoint.

I had terrible tendinitis for a few months recently stemming from my weight lifting routine mixed with my mma training routine.

I was lifting 85% or so my potential on the bench for minimal reps and banging out lots of curls with the straight bar and I think that is what was tearing up my elbows.

Since I've switched to a more rep-focused lifting routine and started taking fish oil supps, I haven't had a problem and have maintained roughly the same strength level.

Back