Teixeira vs Brian Castaño Feb.6th 2021

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/team-castano-thrilled-with-mandatory-ruling-wbo-title--144847

“We have a lot of dates on real TV with Fox Sports and Showtime,” noted Gibbons, both confident of winning the rights to the fight and also poking fun at Teixeira’s promoter, Golden Boy Promotions who is one year into a five-year deal with over-the-top (OTT) media service DAZN.

The ruling by the WBO puts PBC and Golden Boy at the same negotiating table, with the two sides having reached deals in the past but coming amidst a long-standing acrimonious relationship after the two entities parted ways in 2014. Still, a good fight is always a proper formula for sound business to be conducted, with the Castaño camp already receptive to such a bout.

“It is great news that Brian has been named mandatory challenger,” Sebastian Contursi, Castaño’s longtime manager told BoxingScene.com upon hearing the ruling.

Castaño is certainly a high risk / low reward opponent. He’ll keep getting rear-ended, I guess.

Brazil's only had 4 world champions in its history, Patrick would be the 5th and its first champion in 13 years.
Argentina has had 40 champions. (64 if you count the ladies)

Are their countries soccer rivals?

Winner needs to fight Jermell Charlo so we can see all 4 belts unified

Wouldn’t mind bud or spence moving up to make this division a bit more appealing

Golden Boy Promotions has retained promotional rights for the junior middleweight title fight between Patrick Teixeira and Brian Castaño, winning a purse bid hearing held Thursday afternoon. The fight remains with Golden Boy, who submitted a winning bid of $427,000 during the session which was held via Zoom conference call and moderated by the World Boxing Organization from its San Juan headquarters.

Brazil's only had 4 world champions in its history, Patrick would be the 5th and its first champion in 13 years.
Argentina has had 40 champions. (64 if you count the ladies)

Are their countries soccer rivals?
Patrick IS a world champion

No one cared that Thurman was elevated and Manny beating him was a big deal
If Teix wins this fight hes champ. I treat it like a vacated belt championship fight.
I wouldn't want to be a World Champion by being upgraded. I wouldnt consider myself champ that way.

Winner needs to fight Jermell Charlo so we can see all 4 belts unified
I think Castaño beats Teixeira and we see Charlo/Castaño next year on PPV. Fight will be alot easier to make since both Castaño/Charlo are PBC guys.

If Teix wins this fight hes champ. I treat it like a vacated belt championship fight.
I wouldn't want to be a World Champion by being upgraded. I wouldnt consider myself champ that way.
Haney was elevated and won a fight and then the WBC claims their “franchise” title that can’t be defended, actually can be and they claim Teofimo is undisputed now

Back