Opinion Ted K’s Letter to the Washington Post

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I have never really cared for the Unabomber but have came across his 35k worded letter to the Washington Post and alot of it sounds like the shit people say today. That the fall of society and abunch of other stuff that is pretty on point, but I thought you guys might like to read it.

Some random quotes from it.

114. As explained in paragraphs 65-67, 70-73, modern man is strapped down by a network of rules and regulations, and his fate depends on the actions of persons remote from him whose decisions he cannot influence. This is not accidental or a result of the arbitrariness of arrogant bureaucrats. It is necessary and inevitable in any technologically advanced society. The system HAS TO regulate human behavior closely in order to function. At work people have to do what they are told to do, otherwise production would be thrown into chaos. Bureaucracies HAVE TO be run according to rigid rules. To allow any substantial personal discretion to lower-level bureaucrats would disrupt the system and lead to charges of unfairness due to differences in the way individual bureaucrats exercised their discretion. It is true that some restrictions on our freedom could be eliminated, but GENERALLY SPEAKING the regulation of our lives by large organizations is necessary for the functioning of industrial-technological society. The result is a sense of powerlessness on the part of the average person. It may be, however, that formal regulations will tend increasingly to be replaced by psychological tools that make us want to do what the system requires of us. (Propaganda [14], educational techniques, “mental health” programs, etc.)

35. Everyone has goals; if nothing else, to obtain the physical necessities of life: food, water and whatever clothing and shelter are made necessary by the climate. But the leisured aristocrat obtains these things without effort. Hence his boredom and demoralization.

Leftists may claim that their activism is motivated by compassion or by moral principles, and moral principle does play a role for the leftist of the oversocialized type. But compassion and moral principle cannot be the main motives for leftist activism. Hostility is too prominent a component of leftist behavior; so is the drive for power. Moreover, much leftist behavior is not rationally calculated to be of benefit to the people whom the leftists claim to be trying to help. For example, if one believes that affirmative action is good for black people, does it make sense to demand affirmative action in hostile or dogmatic terms? Obviously it would be more productive to take a diplomatic and conciliatory approach that would make at least verbal and symbolic concessions to white people who think that affirmative action discriminates against them. But leftist activists do not take such an approach because it would not satisfy their emotional needs. Helping black people is not their real goal. Instead, race problems serve as an excuse for them to express their own hostility and frustrated need for power. In doing so they actually harm black people, because the activists’ hostile attitude toward the white majority tends to intensify race hatred.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm

he was said to be super smart .

Last edited:
I have never really cared for the Unabomber but have across his 35k worded letter to the Washington Post and alot of it sounds like the shit people say today. That the fall of society and abunch of other stuff that is pretty on point, but I thought you guys might like to read it.

Some random quotes from it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm

He was a mathematics prodigy and earned a doctorate in mathematics. Also...

Death of Unabomber returns spotlight to Harvard mind-control study - The Washington Post

Yeah, they scrambled his brain at Harvard doing mind-control.

Last edited:
Smokes said:

Said to be? TK had a mega-high IQ and a bad plan to slow down the decline of the world from misused technology and the institutions profiting from it. Ted's manifesto wording, with his brother's pointing the law at him, prevented Ted from possibly never being discovered.

A tale as old as time. “The current world sucks. Old world was better”

the words of every lonely loser who is depressed

instead of looking inside himself to fix his problems, he rather blame the world and lash out

A lot of people on this forum will find common ground with him

A tale as old as time. “The current world sucks. Old world was better”

the words of every lonely loser who is depressed

instead of looking inside himself to fix his problems, he rather blame the world and lash out

A lot of people on this forum will find common ground with him

That is valid point but this is a man that is smarter than most and still saw this as his only option. He had the knowledge to change the world in meaningful ways but saw that the powers in charge would never let him under the current system. This would be like Albert say let’s burn down the world and build a new a new one.

That is valid point but this is a man that is smarter than most and still saw this as his only option. He had the knowledge to change the world in meaningful ways but saw that the powers in charge would never let him under the current system. This would be like Albert say let’s burn down the world and build a new a new one.

So what? There are a plethora of other smart people who didn’t do this either. Why do you ignore them and focus on the one high iq depressed loser?

Also he was not “smarter” than most. He just had the potential to be but didn’t achieve it.

So what? There are a plethora of other smart people who didn’t do this either. Why do you ignore them and focus on the one high iq depressed loser?

Also he was not “smarter” than most. He just had the potential to be but didn’t achieve it.

I don’t ignore them, I just think he needs to be taking srs and not wrote off as a crackpot or depressed loser. I find it fascinating that someone who is considered one of the smartest people finds that the current system is broken and that a lot of people find his views valid.

All Genius should be respected and heard shouldn’t it?

Why did he not achieve his potential is simple as him not believing in the system in which he would be judged in and stepped away willing but it there is no need to discredit his IQ when other have already claimed his genius.

Last edited:
I don’t ingore them, I think he need to be taking srs and not wrote as a crackpot or depressed loser. I find it fascinating that someone considered one of the smartest people find that the current system is broken and that a lot of people find his views valid.

Why did he not achieve his potential is simple as him not believing in the system he would be judged in and stepped away willing but it there is no need to discredit his IQ when other have already claimed his genius.
This post is what's truly genius.

Why did he not achieve his potential is simple as him not believing in the system he would be judged in and stepped away willing but it there is no need to discredit his IQ when other have already claimed his genius.
Look into the Central Intelligence Agency funded program MK-Ultra and the subsequent incredible abuse Kaczynski suffered at the hands of a mentor he profoundly respected and trusted. No doubt such an experience would lead many to a very pessimistic worldview.

I don’t ingore them, I think he need to be taking srs and not wrote as a crackpot or depressed loser. I find it fascinating that someone considered one of the smartest people find that the current system is broken and that a lot of people find his views valid.

do you know what a genius is? It means they have the ability to learn a lot at a much quicker rate. The same way as a gifted athlete has the potential to make the nba. However if they don’t train then it is pointless. There are a lot of high iq people who don’t do shit.

do you know what a genius is? It means they have the ability to learn a lot at a much quicker rate. The same way as a gifted athlete has the potential to make the nba. However if they don’t train then it is pointless. There are a lot of high iq people who don’t do shit.
He actually did shit though. You should probably read up on him

Back