Tecia Torres preparing to finish Boogiewoman's Career - training with TWO boxing champs!

Arrogance is what cost her, she started to believe her own hype to the point that she though she couldnt be beaten and made the worst mistake any fighter could make by underestimating their opponent.

Stop pretending that you know what another person thinks.

Should be a fun scrap.

Gotta back JJ here even though I am also a fan of the Tiny Tornado!

I expect a savage beatdown from JJ, poor Torres.. a healthy JJ should piece her up establishing herself as a contender once again.
For Torres's sake, let's hope her corner stops the fight when it gets ugly, like Pennington-Nunes.
The real question is will this welcher finally delete her account when JJ taps to strikes again.

Tecia and her stubby arms have nothing for Joanna.

Nope. This is the fight JJ should have taken instead of the immediate rematch to get her mind back in order. She was mentally shook and scared of losing, which is the only reason she lost (again) despite being a better fighter. Now the pressure is off her, she doesnt have to prove her last fight was a fluke, so we'll be seeing her showing her skills. And Torres is highly overrated, her stint on TUF proved that and little has changed for her since then.
I agree.

Firas Zahabi did a really good breakdown on how Rose was a bad matchup for JJ based on footwork and striking angles and things like that.

Essentially Rose's speed and pressure were tough for her to counter with her kinda Dominick Cruz style lanky angular striking that worked so well previously.

Their fights reminded me a bit of Cruz-Garbrandt honestly
Rose landed same as Andrade on JJ and JJ took similar damage in both fights. My guess is also sig strikes ratio 2:1 is better than 3:1, but let's not forget Anrade was bullrushing whole 5 runds, so JJ was mainly counterstriking Jessica blocking punches with her face. Second fight JJ/Rose nothing significant happened whole fight, outside shitty takedown. Rose didn't use more than 3 punches combos, no highkicks, legicks, no body shots.

Tiny Tornado is too fast and slick for Boogiewoman, she backs her up against the fence, gets inside on the longer fighter and lands some heavy combos to take the W.

The amount of people writing her off surprises me. Her only 2 losses are to the current champ, some time ago, and Andrade, who is a very different package to JJ.

People shit on Tecia but I actually think she's a good fighter.

Good cardio
Speed
Well rounded
Good chin
Never seen her get rocked too bad
Sure people go on about the decisions but i think it also shows how hard it is to finish her despite her size disadvantage.

I think she's underrated but that's just me.

Most people know that she is legit top 5ish, she's just a boring generic point fighter.

Joanna Midcard seemed to lack any ability to handle Rose's distance control and movement. Torres is also quick on her feet and if she plays it smart and all goes well, there is a pretty nice chance that we might see a) Torres by UD b) excuses and c) Joanna Bellator :)

She was mentally shook and scared of losing, which is the only reason she lost (again) despite being a better fighter.
You're more delusional than JJ herself. The rematch was a while ago, it's time to move on from that denial stage

I would love for Tecia to win but she is way too short and JJ will strike her at will.
Naw Joanna been schooling girls with basic striking. Tecia uses angles and that was giving JJ fits against Rose. I think Joanna gets lit up in the first round.

Thinking that Joanna pieces her up to a decision... but dang. Tecia is ripped.

JJ will win. Still undefeated/champ/once ever for me.

itVYFkW.gif

Most people know that she is legit top 5ish, she's just a boring generic point fighter.
She was banging in her last fight though, i think she's gonna be aggressive in this one as well.

Back