Techniques update at Grappling Arts Pub.

ed beneville

White Belt
Reaction score
Updates posted 12/17/05!

Another round of previously unreleased outtakes from The Guard is now up for your edification and viewing pleasure at .www.grapplingarts.net .Go to the Bonus Material section at the bottom of the home page. This second installment of Bonus Material consists of 10 pages of sweeps against a standing opponent. Like the material in our books, this free material connects together to give you a game from the position (this time, the open guard against a standing opponent).

Over the next 2 months or so additional outtakes will be posted at www.grapplingarts.net but you will need The Guard book to get the passwords.

If you have not already checked out GrapplingArts.net be sure to see the many free excerpts from our two books and a cool article on no-gi guard passing which includes a heel hook variation not many people know.

Click the

anyone checked these out before.. they look impressive & very detailed.

Cool, I have the book, and once I get home (so I can find the password) I'll be sure to take a look at these.

I wonder what would be a good book for them to do next? I think a book on attacking from the mount/back/sidemount/knee on belly/NS would be cool --- i.e. a book on attacking from dominant position.

Mr. Beneville-
Thank you for the extra bonus material. I own both "Passing the Guard" and "The Guard," and they are excellent. I highly recommend them to anybody who grapples.

My only gripe is that the pictures in "The Guard" seem less sharp than those in the first book. The content and info is fantastic, but the pictures seem less bright and a bit fuzzier compared to the first.
Have you received any other similar comments or am I just imagining things?

DMcKayBJJ,

Thanks for your support. There was an issue with the printer, basically they did not deliver what they were supposed to. It's a bummer, because I was expecting the second book to look way better because we used much better cameras. On the other hand, the content is not effected and the photography is better even if the printing is not.

Ed Beneville.

ed beneville said:
DMcKayBJJ,

Thanks for your support. There was an issue with the printer, basically they did not deliver what they were supposed to. It's a bummer, because I was expecting the second book to look way better because we used much better cameras. On the other hand, the content is not effected and the photography is better even if the printing is not.

Ed Beneville.
Thanks for a prompt, honest, and straightforward answer. A lot of people probably would've just told me I was imagining things or just go get glasses. I agree...the content and photo angles/quantity make the book a winner no matter what.

Proof again that your operation is truly dedicated to grappling and spreading the word to all. Two thumbs up!

LCDforMe said:
Are no gi techniques put in this book as well?
No, although they can be modified if you use a bit of common sense.

Superbeast is correct.

Gripping without the gi is lartely a matter of holding onto joints rather than material. For instance you hold at the wrist instead of the end of the sleeve.

The material in the fundamentals section translates easily to no gi. There is a chapter concernting neck cranks and control that translates real well to no gi also.

Finally, keep in mind that NHB gloves are fairly easy to hold onto, if that is your thing.

Regards,
Ed.

Back