Movies Team King Kong or Team Godzilla

What team are you on?

• Total voters
King Kong.. The new trailer is out and it shows Kong whipping Godzilla's ass all over the place.. He is stronger, faster, he can grapple, use weapons.. His arms are bigger then Godzilla's legs..

In the new trailer we see King Kong running with high speed, jumping hundreds of feet into the air and smashing Godzilla with some kind of hammer like weapon.. He hits Godzilla with a Clothesline from Hell.. He also scores a takedown that would have broken Godzilla's back if it wasn't in the water..

That slow fat fuck Godzilla is an easy fight. Only ones picking him are fanboys that bought into that ridiculous Japanese BS of him surviving black holes and various other stupid shit.. The Japanese went full retard with Godzilla and a lot of people seem to think everything they do is better and worship them but at the end of the day, Superman kills Goku and King Kong whips Godzilla's ass..

The Americans brought that stupid shit back down to Earth and made it as realistic as you can make a giant monster movie. They even gave Godzilla longer arms because if he had his baby Japanese arms, the ass whipping would be 10x worse..

This will play out just like Batman V Superman..they have a nice fight then team up to fight an even badder baddie i'm thinking mecha Gojira

This will play out just like Batman V Superman..they have a nice fight then team up to fight an even badder baddie i'm thinking mecha Gojira

yeah they even set it up in the trailer with the "something provoking him" or whatever.

either way this looks dumb as hell.

and im here for every fucking moment.

Godzilla's by superior Pimp'n.
yrnn3s2pk1g11.jpg

godzilla3.jpg

Imagine if the US had milked Kong as much as Japan milked Godzilla.

I mean, the original black and white King Kong was the first VHS that my Dad ever brought home specifically for me. My mom thought that the movie promoted negative black stereotypes and also wanted me sheltered from bad-ass movies, so she got really, really mad at my Dad. I think he knew she would get mad but he took one for the team because he saw how obsessed I was with King Kong. Later on my Mom got on the train and bought me two awesome King King toys for Christmas when I was 8.

So I'm Team Kong, as much as I love Godzilla. My only issue is that, other than Son of Kong, which doesn't even feature King Kong, basically all the sequels and remakes seem to have featured a kinder, gentler version of the giant ape who threw women to their deaths, ground up villagers in between his teeth and basically sought to dominate the world around him (his son was way nicer too, but that was fine, because he was just a kid and a different character). He had one single soft-spot, and that was for Anne Darrow. I get why people have made King Kong kinder and gentler, because he's so cool and sympathetic that it's hard to write him as a bad guy (I think everyone who watches the black and white original finds themselves justifying everything murder he commits), but at the same time, it's a little disappointing. I'd like to see the old-school, bad-ass King Kong take on Godzilla, but this dude just seems way too nice.

And I'm suspect of all this added backstory about them being survivors of some ancient race or whatever. But I get it; Godzilla and Kong are both hard to write, because they are destructive, somewhat malevolent beasts that are at the same time super-likable and sympathetic. So striking the balance where you preserve their bad-assery and meanness while also keeping their likability is the ultimate balancing act. A lot of times writers craft scenarios where Godzilla hasn't exactly gone soft but is just helping humanity out of happen-stance. But it's hard to do that over and over while still maintaining his menace. And in movies like 2002's Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla, where you do make him the antagonist, nobody is going to root for the hero (or heroine in that case) against Godzilla.

Basically, I just hope they both aren't made too benign in this, even though that's always the temptation.

I'm a fellow primate so I have to go with Kong.

Godzilla because he's Asian, looks better, and has a cooler name.

Think King Kong has both the boxing and grappling advance, depends on the referee.

King Kong.. The new trailer is out and it shows Kong whipping Godzilla's ass all over the place.. He is stronger, faster, he can grapple, use weapons.. His arms are bigger then Godzilla's legs..

In the new trailer we see King Kong running with high speed, jumping hundreds of feet into the air and smashing Godzilla with some kind of hammer like weapon.. He hits Godzilla with a Clothesline from Hell.. He also scores a takedown that would have broken Godzilla's back if it wasn't in the water..

That slow fat fuck Godzilla is an easy fight. Only ones picking him are fanboys that bought into that ridiculous Japanese BS of him surviving black holes and various other stupid shit.. The Japanese went full retard with Godzilla and a lot of people seem to think everything they do is better and worship them but at the end of the day, Superman kills Goku and King Kong whips Godzilla's ass..

The Americans brought that stupid shit back down to Earth and made it as realistic as you can make a giant monster movie. They even gave Godzilla longer arms because if he had his baby Japanese arms, the ass whipping would be 10x worse..

Kong exposing easy PRIDE competition.

Godzilla's by superior Pimp'n.
yrnn3s2pk1g11.jpg

godzilla3.jpg
Pretty sure he’s diabetic 2 & marlon Brando nutrition habits, but inspite of all that all charm.

70%er who prolly has opened a failed steak house in the past. Would be undefeated in monster belt division if he could put the fork down.

That said still a fan over the GrabembytheP Kong.

Last edited:
Back