Team Australia’s Little league coach suspended for duration of LLWS.

This rule has been in place for a while. It's his fault that he didn't follow it.
it is also reinforced several times throughout the many tournaments you play to get to the LLWS.

the coaches also attend rules meetings or briefed before the game and umpire or score keeper can also tell the coach in case he forgets to do it.

every kid on that team probably knew most of that rule book by the time they reach an elite level like the llws.
they would also remind the coach.

only way to mess up like this is to deliberately disobey the rule.

I ump many levels of baseball from 8U travel, 10u rec all the way up to men's leagues. Only leagues I've seen this rule in are youth rec leagues, but in-house leagues all just bat everyone anyway. Weird that they have it in the LLWS, but if it's there (and I'm pretty sure it's been there for years if not decades) you've got to be a retard to not follow it.
it is a rule that is hammered repeatedly into coaches and managers in little league. at the non tournament level I think the rule is one at bat or one inning where the kid plays in the field.

Well it wasn’t enforced then.

Gay rule.
it definitely was.

once of the teams in our regionals tournament had to forfeit a game in 1996. because of this rule the other team could protest the game and the other team would lose the game by forfeit automatically. it was taken very seriously by everyone.

it definitely was.

once of the teams in our regionals tournament had to forfeit a game in 1996. because of this rule the other team could protest the game and the other team would lose the game by forfeit automatically. it was taken very seriously by everyone.

Ah, perhaps it was taken seriously in the US. Odd.

Ah, perhaps it was taken seriously in the US. Odd.
well..... the LLWS is a U.S tournament that invites international teams as guests so it being taken seriously by the U.S is crucial to the tournament.

well..... the LLWS is a U.S tournament that invites international teams as guests so it being taken seriously by the U.S is crucial to the tournament.

That’s all fine and good.

However, it’s a gay rule.

Back