Team Alpha Male's Andre "Touchy" Fili signs, fights at UFC 166.

MolesyMMA

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He fights Jeremy Larsen https://twitter.com/UFCNews (this is a UFC run twitter page)

I've been waiting for this for a while, Fili is a very good prospect. i just hope weight isn't an issue. He's a FW but he next fight was scheduled for Novemmber at WW. He's got 2 weeks to get to FW.

Larson will have 3 losses in a row.

There's my buddy Tony getting KOed at the 20 second mark.

Andre has a title fight with Max Griffin (guy who almost made it into the last TUF house. Was winning but gassed and got triangled) in November for West Coast Fighting Championship. Fili is going up two weight classes to fight Griffin. I wonder if the UFC is assuming Fili is going to win, doesn't care if he wins or loses, or maybe Fili pulled out of the fight. That would suck, it was a pretty anticipated fight for Northern CA mma fans.

Fili is a bad dude. Super athletic and well rounded. Been with TAM for a few years. Reminds me of a poor man's Pettis (at the moment). He has a ton of potential and could get some wins in the UFC, imo.

Andre has a title fight with Max Griffin (guy who almost made it into the last TUF house. Was winning but gassed and got triangled) in November for West Coast Fighting Championship. Fili is going up two weight classes to fight Griffin. I wonder if the UFC is assuming Fili is going to win, doesn't care if he wins or loses, or maybe Fili pulled out of the fight. That would suck, it was a pretty anticipated fight for Northern CA mma fans.

Fili is a bad dude. Super athletic and well rounded. Been with TAM for a few years. Reminds me of a poor man's Pettis (at the moment). He has a ton of potential and could get some wins in the UFC, imo.

Really hope that WFC fight is still going on cause I already bought my VIP tickets

TAM shines without Master Thong

funny Faber was just mentioning Fili at the Fox press conference

I didn't see it but there's a reason he was!

For some reason Lance Palmer is the TAM FW prospect that's got the media/fan attention but Andre is the better FW prospect out of the two IMO.

The fight with Griffin will be off, he fights for the UFC in two weeks.

Awesome name...

'Touchy' Fili

Nooo! Well I guess it's not that bad... but he better pull his weight. Team Alpha Male is on the edge of possibly a perfect year in the UFC, they all have to win 1 more fight. Plus Holdsworth needs to win from the Ultimate fighter if he ends up on the finale card. This just means one more alpha male who can't lose for them to make it. I wish he could have waited till the new year.

I didn't see it but there's a reason he was!

For some reason Lance Palmer is the TAM FW prospect that's got the media/fan attention but Andre is the better FW prospect out of the two IMO.

The fight with Griffin will be off, he fights for the UFC in two weeks.

I guess the only way the Fili/Griffin fight happens now is if Fili loses and they cut him after the fight.

Lance disappointed in his fight against Downing big time. He really needs to improve his standup before I sign off on him as a bona fide prospect.

Lance disappointed in his fight against Downing big time. He really needs to improve his standup before I sign off on him as a bona fide prospect.

Probably why he didnt get the call up. He is def on the list and considered one of the top FW prospects but he probably needs to defend the RFA belt one or two more times and look impressive and then he will get the call.

'Touchy' Fili

ipouqsVS0g4iQ.gif

Nooo! Well I guess it's not that bad... but he better pull his weight. Team Alpha Male is on the edge of possibly a perfect year in the UFC, they all have to win 1 more fight. Plus Holdsworth needs to win from the Ultimate fighter if he ends up on the finale card. This just means one more alpha male who can't lose for them to make it. I wish he could have waited till the new year.

No need to worry about Fili. Edson Barboza will be stopping that streak. Raphael Assuncao has a good chance to as well.

I've never been that impressed with him to be honest.

Probably why he didnt get the call up. He is def on the list and considered one of the top FW prospects but he probably needs to defend the RFA belt one or two more times and look impressive and then he will get the call.

I think he needs 4-5 more fights. I'd sign Niinimaki, Choi, Barcelos, Glenn, Soriano, Alers before I would Palmer.

WFC Facebook

"New Superfight to headline WFC 7. Max Griffin goes up to 185 to challenge Scott Smith for the Title."

That kills the Smith-Matthews rematch
That card sucks now
Piss me off

Back