Teacher's son wears a Hitler costume - Says world is "too sensitive"

You are aware that a child wearing a costume doesn't absorb the powers and personalities of the person he dresses as, no? This isn't The Mask. This is a child wearing a costume of questionable taste. the overreaction to this is clownish and extreme.

Some people enjoy shocking people. Like I said, I've seen guys dressed up as used tampons on halloween. He wasn't actually a used tampon because of that.

God, its unsettling how programmed some of you people are.

Programmed to think dressing a child as Hitler is a bad thing? Lol. That is called decency, respect, dignity, and acting like an adult should.

It is incredible how you can be so defiant about this, but be so upset about a Billboard that said "Oral Pleasure is Our Thing" with no pictures or anything, just text. This is you speaking on Billboards:

My idea of decency is not presenting ideas in public that are solely intended to be inflammatory, which is what this sign is.

I was VERY clear that I expect EVERYONE to be able to walk down the street without them encountering people and things intended to offend them.

When you are offended, you believe that ideas meant to offend should not be presented in public. You think "EVERYONE should be able to walk down the street without being presented with something intended to offend them."

But only when you are offended. To you, a billboard that says "oral pleasure" is more offensive than a child dressed as Hitler. That's fine, that's your opinion, but it is completely hypocritical for you to then pretend that other people are programmed and sensitive just because some other offensive action is what bothers them. Many people have very good reason to be offended by this. Pretending that people have no reason to be offended by an adult dressing their child as Hitler would be a new level of idiocy.

The sooner people stop being offended by kids doing harmless shit like this, the better we will be as a society.

The sooner people stop being offended by kids doing harmless shit like this, the better we will be as a society.

I disagree slightly, i would say it's not about being offended, because it is somewhat offensive in nature,that's kind of the point, but instead it's about framing this as if it should be criminalized.

Dress up like Hitler on a random day, you're unquestionably a pos. Do it on Halloween, you're an asshat. Perspective.

But let's be fair; Not talking your kid out of dressing like Hitler? That's Florida Mom of the year territory.

I think it's not the worst thing in the world but it's also not the best idea ever. It is just a custome, no one's health is at risk.
What sense does it make to have such a mindset?
Obvioiusly, I don't think it's "the worst thing in the world" either. That doesn't mean you don't address an issue, because there are bigger issues to worry about.
This is just basically calling a prick a prick.
I'm not asking for anyone to be stoned over this, but I feel no sympathy for the backlash they got, especially when they doubled down on their stupidity instead of just fessing up to this not being that smart of a move.

Who's bad and who's a hero are entirely subjective based upon what side you're on.

I'd like to know EXACTLY how much time is appropriate before you can wear a Hitler costume in your opinion. It's ok to wear a GWB, Bin Laden, Obama, or Hillary costume, and they're recent war criminals and terrorists, so why can't you wear a costume of a guy that did his crimes 75 years ago?

Hypocrites being hypocrites and much ado about nothing, as always. PC culture wrecked the country.

lol No. This is dumb, man. Nothing in this world is black and white.
Your stance is ridiculous, because in your world, I can say the sky is blue, and you can say the sky is yellow, and we can both be right.
Hitler was evil. He was a bad fucking guy. lol How is this even up for debate?

This doesn't fit into some nice, tidy little box. Who the hell can say EXACTLY when it's cool to wear a Hitler costume? Obviously, it takes time for words and symbols to lose their meaning, and thus, lose their sting. If I HAD TO put some sort of time frame on it, I would say at least until the people effected by the event were dead. There's still about 100,000 Holocaust survivors LIVING. Imagine being one of them and seeing some little kid dressing up as Hitler for 'the lulz'.
You guys are trying to argue this as if there are a shit ton of off-limits costumes for Halloween. Hitler is one of history's biggest evil fucks--he literally could have taken over the world.
If an adult wants to be an ass and dress up like that, fine. Have at it. But , a child? And the child of a teacher? lol No, I expect better. This is about being a decent human being.

Also, context. Wearing a Hitler costume in America, in Poland, in Israel is going to be a lot fucking worse than if you wore it somewhere in Asia. A GWB or Obama costume isn't going to go over well in places like Iraq or Iran, but it won't draw the same kind of feelings from an American. This isn't black and white.

You are aware that a child wearing a costume doesn't absorb the powers and personalities of the person he dresses as, no? This isn't The Mask. This is a child wearing a costume of questionable taste. the overreaction to this is clownish and extreme.

Some people enjoy shocking people. Like I said, I've seen guys dressed up as used tampons on halloween. He wasn't actually a used tampon because of that.

God, its unsettling how programmed some of you people are.
Nobody is saying that. I don't see anyone here saying that this kid is an actual Nazi. That's not what this is about. It's about human decency.
It is an INAPPROPRIATE costume for a CHILD to wear for Halloween. How is this so hard to understand?
Don't you have kids? If your 10 year old wanted to wear a Hitler costume to go trick-or-treating, you'd be okay with that? How about a trench coat maifa Colombine kid costume? how about a member of the KKK? George Zimmerman? Would you let your kid dress up as a used tampon? These are all costumes that are likely to offend members of whatever community that you're living in---either directly, or in-directly.

Some people do enjoy shocking people, and if that's how they get their rocks off, there's nothing illegal about it. I don't see anyone in here saying it should be illegal. I don't see anyone here saying that the kid and his mom should get curb stomped. I'm certainly not saying that.
But if you want to "shock" people, welp, don't turn into a bitch when that shock comes with backlash. The idea that you get to offend people and be totally immune from any sort of repercussions, is absurd.
Again, that doesn't mean that you deserve to get assaulted, but it doesn't mean everyone else has to silently take you being an asshole.

What sense does it make to have such a mindset?
Obvioiusly, I don't think it's "the worst thing in the world" either. That doesn't mean you don't address an issue, because there are bigger issues to worry about.
This is just basically calling a prick a prick.
I'm not asking for anyone to be stoned over this, but I feel no sympathy for the backlash they got, especially when they doubled down on their stupidity instead of just fessing up to this not being that smart of a move.

I used the term asshat instead of prick, but yeah, I won't quibble over that. There's no monsters here, though.

I used the term asshat instead of prick, but yeah, I won't quibble over that. There's no monsters here, though.
Yeah, I don't disagree with that.
But, I think that some people forget that we're on a messageboard, and we probably all sound more "triggered" than we really are.
In a topic like this, I'm not thinking about it outside of being in this thread.
just passing the time

It's just flat out stupid and weird to dress your kid in a Hitler costume.

I may not agree with a lot of PC or democratic views, but this one is just plain stupid with zero defensibility and a lot of hoop jumping to defend it.

The parents are just trash for putting their kid out in this.

True. But you think this is harmless to a holocaust survivor?

Yes. How is anyone harmed by a costume?

I disagree slightly, i would say it's not about being offended, because it is somewhat offensive in nature,that's kind of the point, but instead it's about framing this as if it should be criminalized.

Dress up like Hitler on a random day, you're unquestionably a pos. Do it on Halloween, you're an asshat. Perspective.

But let's be fair; Not talking your kid out of dressing like Hitler? That's Florida Mom of the year territory.

Agreed.

lol No. This is dumb, man. Nothing in this world is black and white.
Your stance is ridiculous, because in your world, I can say the sky is blue, and you can say the sky is yellow, and we can both be right.
Hitler was evil. He was a bad fucking guy. lol How is this even up for debate?

This doesn't fit into some nice, tidy little box. Who the hell can say EXACTLY when it's cool to wear a Hitler costume? Obviously, it takes time for words and symbols to lose their meaning, and thus, lose their sting. If I HAD TO put some sort of time frame on it, I would say at least until the people effected by the event were dead. There's still about 100,000 Holocaust survivors LIVING. Imagine being one of them and seeing some little kid dressing up as Hitler for 'the lulz'.
You guys are trying to argue this as if there are a shit ton of off-limits costumes for Halloween. Hitler is one of history's biggest evil fucks--he literally could have taken over the world.
If an adult wants to be an ass and dress up like that, fine. Have at it. But , a child? And the child of a teacher? lol No, I expect better. This is about being a decent human being.

Also, context. Wearing a Hitler costume in America, in Poland, in Israel is going to be a lot fucking worse than if you wore it somewhere in Asia. A GWB or Obama costume isn't going to go over well in places like Iraq or Iran, but it won't draw the same kind of feelings from an American. This isn't black and white.

You're missing the point. Isn't the devil bad? Why's it ok to wear a devil costume? My argument is that a Hitler, coke-snorting Barry Soetoro, Pablo Escobar, Lying Hillary, or a Jesus Christ costume are all the same. They hurt no one, yet some little asswipe will be offended by one or all.

If you don't like it, have some emotional trauma because of it, or are just a pussy, don't give them candy when they come to your door.

Yes. How is anyone harmed by a costume?

Agreed.

You're missing the point. Isn't the devil bad? Why's it ok to wear a devil costume? My argument is that a Hitler, coke-snorting Barry Soetoro, Pablo Escobar, Lying Hillary, or a Jesus Christ costume are all the same. They hurt no one, yet some little asswipe will be offended by one or all.

If you don't like it, have some emotional trauma because of it, or are just a pussy, don't give them candy when they come to your door.
I'm not missing the point. I see exactly what your point is, and I'm saying it is ridiculous, and not how the world, or human brains actually work. You're trying to look at this as simply black and white, evil is this, and good is that. It's ridiculous. We don't look at anything like that. You can justify murder. We don't just say "murder is bad...punishment = death" We look at the circumstances of the crime and then deal out punishment according to that.
We can, and do make distinctions between good, great, and bad and worse.

lol I mean, really...you are seriously trying to tell me you don't see the difference between SATAN, a mystical figure that nobody has seen, and a real life person that caused direct harm on people still living today? You think Satan is as offensive to look at as Hitler to a Jewish person?

The idea that Jesus and Hitler are the same is so stupid, I just can't wrap my mind how you are seriously trying to argue this. What about a KKK costume? How about one of the school shooters from the Columbine shooting? How about an ISIS costume with a fake severed head of a reporter? How about an ANTIFA costume with "Cop killer' written on their shirt? How about black face? A pedophile? How about a "China man" costume? It's all the same? Youre a pussy if you get offended by these costumes?

lol It's hilarious that you blame the people that are offended, and not the assholes that are trying to offend. You wear an offensive costume because you are trying to troll people. You are looking for a reaction. YOU are the pussy if you cry when you get a reaction after you do something reactionary.

In your world, there is no difference between dying in your sleep, and getting eaten alive by a pack of wild dogs, because all death is bad.
<YeahOKJen>

Back