• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Tank vs Lomachenko

It just needs a big offer. But Tank really has to be that scared to wait til Loma becomes infirm before fighting.

I think Tank would likely win now but this fight is still a really big step up for him. He's only fought a handful of opponents at lightweight and they're levels below Loma.

Yuriorkis Gamboa
Isaac Cruz
Rolando Romero
Hector Luis Garcia
Frank Martin

That's the full list. Note that he fought Ryan Garcia at a 136 pound catchweight (junior welterweight) and Leo Santa Cruz at 130 lbs (super featherweight). Those weren't lightweight bouts.

I'm still skeptical this will happen. If it does, I'm buying this fight for sure. Would love to see the whole card be PBC vs TR fights. Realistically, we'll get two PBC vs TR fights and each company will get to pick a prelim. It'd be a great night for the sport if this works out.

If Loma takes this fight now he has some of the biggest balls in the sport.

Are people so sure about Tank winning this? Both guys have good fight IQ and can adjust, and Tank has that power factor, but I think his low output could cost him a decision against Loma. It won't be as easy to figure Loma out like his previous opponents and if he eventually does, he'll have been outpointed quite a bit. Tank may have to get a stoppage in the later rounds against Loma and Loma has never really been hurt.

Are people so sure about Tank winning this? Both guys have good fight IQ and can adjust, and Tank has that power factor, but I think his low output could cost him a decision against Loma. It won't be as easy to figure Loma out like his previous opponents and if he eventually does, he'll have been outpointed quite a bit. Tank may have to get a stoppage in the later rounds against Loma and Loma has never really been hurt.
tank looks like he has enough power to hurt anyone up to JMW, i'm sure he can knock lomachenko out. especially now when loma is getting old.

back in the day the ukrainan would clown him for 12 rounds, though... maybe even stop him. but if they fight next week, my money is on davis, unfortunately.

tank looks like he has enough power to hurt anyone up to JMW, i'm sure he can knock lomachenko out. especially now when loma is getting old.

back in the day the ukrainan would clown him for 12 rounds, though... maybe even stop him. but if they fight next week, my money is on davis, unfortunately.
If I had to bet, I'd put money on Davis too probably. I'm sure he was enough power to stop Loma if he lands some clean counters, but doing that to Loma isn't easy. I'd favor Davis slightly. All depends if he can figure out Loma's timing.

The current version of Tank would beat every opponent Loma has ever faced, including those who beat him. There are only 2 people Tank didn’t knock out, one of which he knocked down twice and the other he fought with an injured rear hand.

Sure, boxing math doesn’t work and sure, Loma’s style is a nightmare for Tank (or at least would have been 6 years ago) but post-prime Loma vs prime Tank is just too much.

I think Tank would likely win now but this fight is still a really big step up for him. He's only fought a handful of opponents at lightweight and they're levels below Loma.

Yuriorkis Gamboa
Isaac Cruz
Rolando Romero
Hector Luis Garcia
Frank Martin

That's the full list. Note that he fought Ryan Garcia at a 136 pound catchweight (junior welterweight) and Leo Santa Cruz at 130 lbs (super featherweight). Those weren't lightweight bouts.
Fought Santa Cruz at 130 lbs 4 years ago.

Forced Ryan Garcia to accept a 10 lbs rehydration clause.

Also bought $70 of candies while in camp for Ryan Garcia.

Ate “multiple ice screams” the night before weighing in against Frank Martin and still came in 2 lbs under the 135 lbs limit.

Yet @4daLuLZ thinks Tank can’t make 127 without losing a limb as if he was a WW or something.

Timestamped:

I think Stevenson would beat him.

No one wants to fight that guy. If they get beat up by Tank or Loma at least the casuals know who that is. They don't want to take a lobsided beating from a guy that most people have never heard of.

Fought Santa Cruz at 130 lbs 4 years ago.

Forced Ryan Garcia to accept a 10 lbs rehydration clause.

Also bought $70 of candies while in camp for Ryan Garcia.

Ate “multiple ice screams” the night before weighing in against Frank Martin and still came in 2 lbs under the 135 lbs limit.

Yet @4daLuLZ thinks Tank can’t make 127 without losing a limb as if he was a WW or something.

Timestamped:

He might be able to make that low of a weight. But could he still perform? The lowest weight class we've seen him fight at is 130 lbs. He's struggled making weight before but it was due to a lack of discipline more than anything.

Funny but misinformed. Could someone please remind coach Kenny that this is a southpaw vs southpaw matchup? All of those dominant angles won't even be there. Those exist only in southpaw vs orthodox matchups.

He might be able to make that low of a weight. But could he still perform? The lowest weight class we've seen him fight at is 130 lbs. He's struggled making weight before but it was due to a lack of discipline more than anything.
Tank also has 5 fights at 126 lbs, though he hasn’t fought there in a while.

Back