Tanita BF-682 Bodyfat & BodyWater % Scale

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I just bought the Tanita BF-682 scale. Tanita was recommended to me on many other forums as the benchmark in the scale industry (especially at the consumer level). It cost $76 after shipping off Amazon.
Tanita's Line of Scales Including Bodywater % Measurement

I thought some guys on here might like to check out what it does at their site. Click the "Special Features Legend" to see what it does.

Hmmm...after further review, it looks like I'm gonna send this one back and get the Ironman BC 554. They didn't list the Ironmen line in the section with the Bodywater scales, but it does all that and more. But it's gonna cost me $135, plus the $4 I already ate on shipping, and whatever it takes to ship the scale I already ordered back. So that sucks.

The Ironmen line:
http://www.tanita.com/IronManScales.shtml

let me know how that thing works out i was thinking about getting the same if its accurite

i just ordered one too, and i searched and found this thread, getting mine next week, tell me how urs goes

post some reviews once you guys get your scales...I'd like to see how accurate they are bodyfat % wise.

cost 129.99 at amazon and a 30$ free on your next purchase for the best model ironman bc 554, u have till aug 31 to get this deal if anyone interested

Dawgie said:
cost 129.99 at amazon and a 30$ free on your next purchase for the best model ironman bc 554, u have till aug 31 to get this deal if anyone interested

Holy shit, I bought that and didn't see that deal. Where was the deal? Am I eligible?

Anyway, I gave the wrong model I ordered a little test before repackaging it and sending it back.

It worked awesome. I'm 6'5, 247 pounds. If I were to use a BMI calculator, it would tell me I was 26%-30% bodyfat, depending on the frame size entered (if that is a feature at all), but this is clearly WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Only one BMI calculator I found also considers waist size, and that puts me at 16%.

Well, the scale came in right. It measured me at 15.8% bodyfat.

With the added feature of measuring body water content, I can tell with the fluctuations in my weight whether I'm adding lean mass, or simply carrying more water.

It's the shit.

And the new one I ordered measures visceral fat and a number of other factors; it'll even give you a physique rating, and chart your progress.

Now if I can get my hands on that Suunto T-6 watch, I'll basically have a Nike labaratory at home.

u shiould be eligity u gotta send 99$+ to be eligible for the 30$ thing. i tried a cheap tanita scale that cost 30 bucks, it didnt have athlete mode, its not very accurate so i orderd the ironman bc-554, i got visible abs relaxed. and it gives me 16% Body fat, anyone that knows anything slightly about bodybuilding knows this is impossible i should be atleast at 12%

The best way to see if these things work right (i think).

Test your fat % on the scale. Then go get it done at the gym or somewhere professional or accurate (or both =P ). And if the numbers match, then you got yourself a damn fine scale!!

Dawgie...did you buy the same model as Madmick? Ironman BC 554? If yes, then I i might be interested in that $30 discount. How exactly does the discount work anyway?

I have a scale like the ones you guys are discussing. It costed me about 60 70 bucks. It doesn't work worth a damm.

its not really a discount its more like u spend 99$+ and u get a gift cerfitiate later on for 30$

Dawgie said:
its not really a discount its more like u spend 99$+ and u get a gift cerfitiate later on for 30$

How is this certificate distributed to your account? If I go to My Account on Amazon, will it be somewhere in there? I didn't get anything about a discount in my order email.

stryker505 said:
I have a scale like the ones you guys are discussing. It costed me about 60 70 bucks. It doesn't work worth a damm.

Is it Tanita?

Most BF% scales suck. I was told Tanita is the benchmark in the field of consumer BF% scales, and one of the only to produce accurate results.

The only 100% accurate test of your BF is a submersion test, anyway.

Dawgie said:
u shiould be eligity u gotta send 99$+ to be eligible for the 30$ thing. i tried a cheap tanita scale that cost 30 bucks, it didnt have athlete mode, its not very accurate so i orderd the ironman bc-554, i got visible abs relaxed. and it gives me 16% Body fat, anyone that knows anything slightly about bodybuilding knows this is impossible i should be atleast at 12%

Did you clean your feet like it said? Also, did you weigh yourself later in the day, on an empty stomach, when your hydration level is normalized and constant?

received my bc-554, its pretty accurate, works very well, i tested it with my friends and family it was pretty close to their physique

Bumping this just so I can ask Madmick (or anyone else) how much he likes his scale a couple of years later. I almost bought a Tanita scale today but figure I never really liked the idea of relying on bioelectrical impedance digital scales. However if you still like it, maybe I'll go back and get it.

Back