Talking to my boss about MMA

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
He has been watching MMA since pride.

He indeed confirms thats Woodley is the best WW of all times, looking at prime4prime, 1vs1.

... the game has evolved so much that best fighters per class, is mostly new-gen fighters.

He got

BW: TJ
FW: Connor
LW: Khabib
WW: Woodley
MW: Silva
LHW: Jones
HW: DC

Thought id share this list

People would rather hear my asshole make Nicco Montano impressions than care what your boss thinks about mma

Second line in your post tells me that your boss is an idiot.

cc07d251944c8a87b78ed7a3354f66e0.jpg

Your boss sounds like a rational dude. Much better than most Sherdoggers.

I'm skeptical about the whole "today's MMA fighters are so much better" line.

Mid/late 2000's we saw some incredibly well-rounded fighters in their weight classes. Just in WW, that was the era of Matt Hughes, GSP, Carlos Newton, Pat Miletich, Kazushi Sakuraba and BJ Penn. I don't see today's crop of WW's as significantly better. In fact, I'd say that top to bottom the top 10 of Welterweights from 10 years ago were just as, if not more, well-rounded than today's.

Your boss sounds like a rational dude. Much better than most Sherdoggers.

That'd be hilarious if the boss is also a sherdogger and comes in and finds his list posted.

I'm skeptical about the whole "today's MMA fighters are so much better" line.

Mid/late 2000's we saw some incredibly well-rounded fighters in their weight classes. Just in WW, that was the era of Matt Hughes, GSP, Carlos Newton, Sakuraba, Pat Miletich, Dave Menne and BJ Penn. I don't see today's crop of WW's as significantly better. In fact, I'd say that top to bottom the top 10 of Welterweights from 10 years ago were just as, if not more, well-rounded than today's.
I get what you're saying, but I think that's more respect speaking than anything. Let's look at Dominick Cruz and TJ Dillashaw. They're both current and championship level fighters, but there is no denying Dom is from a different era. Just compare their resumes, who's stands out more? I think most people will agree on TJ, and that's because he's been fighting the current crop, while the majority of Dom's resume is the previous crop of fighters.

Fighters are getting better imo, no doubt about it.

This sport is so difficult to compare " primes " .On a professional sport note, it's still not that far from its infancy. I could only echo (and have already so many times) what Woodley said Saturday night about his possible next fight and the whole GSP thing.When GSP was defending, he was fighting the supposed best that they were putting in front of him " at that time". Today everybody cpm8ng up is somewhat a complete fighter and they have selective trainers for different disciplines as well as nutritionist s and whatever else.
For this particular sport- can't debate these " prime vs. prime " threads.Its not a fair debate.

I wonder what your boss would make of you posting your conversations up on sherdog

Second line in your post tells me that your boss is an idiot.

cc07d251944c8a87b78ed7a3354f66e0.jpg
He's also got Conor at FW..... Still though overall not a bad list for someone who doesn't consume MMA media. I've learned more about MMA in my tenure as a Sherdogger than I have in the entirety of my MMA Fandom. I'd say the man is at a severe disadvantage, and he's still putting out a better all time list than about 80% of these boards.

bruceflag.gif

eSV6SaA.gif

The Boss got some moves!

Tyron matches up very well against GSP, and might very well be the better fighter. I'd bet on him if they fought. But until he defends the belt 6 more times, or clears out his division a couple times over, or avenges all his losses, he doesn't get to be the GOAT.

So next time your boss is telling you this shit, maybe pull his dick out of your mouth and provide some counterpoints. He will respect you more.

Why did you think we would give a fuck about what the assisant manager at a carls jr. thinks about woodley

I think the real question is, "does your boss train UFC?"

If the answer is "No", then his opinion is "invalid", or is it "impotent", i get them confused sometimes. NM; Carry-on..

Back