• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Taliban riding american humvees

Oh, NOW you care?!?

<Dany07>
I think we can agree that this is a a shit situation.

If we could have kept peace, without armed conflict, with 2500 troops. Maybe we should have stayed?

If that wasn’t possible, this certainly is one of the worst planned events I’ve ever witnessed.

You could have just destroyed all that equipment. While possible no “threat to us” it certainly enhances the capability of the taliban, who we fought for 2 decades, to rule the country. We paid for that tech to fight the very people who now have it. It’s a terribly bad look no matter how it’s sliced.

I don’t have the answer, but I refuse to believe this was the best/only way to do it. Despite not believing in Biden(or our government ever) it’s disheartening that he ran on being sensible and to see him completely absolving himself of ANY wrongdoing is just — lame.

I think we can agree that this is a a shit situation.

If we could have kept peace, without armed conflict, with 2500 troops. Maybe we should have stayed?

If that wasn’t possible, this certainly is one of the worst planned events I’ve ever witnessed.

You could have just destroyed all that equipment. While possible no “threat to us” it certainly enhances the capability of the taliban, who we fought for 2 decades, to rule the country. We paid for that tech to fight the very people who now have it. It’s a terribly bad look no matter how it’s sliced.

I don’t have the answer, but I refuse to believe this was the best/only way to do it. Despite not believing in Biden(or our government ever) it’s disheartening that he ran on being sensible and to see him completely absolving himself of ANY wrongdoing is just — lame.

He's the President and the buck stops there. He was handed a drek covered football and then had to quarterback the game. To just dump all of the blame in Biden's lap because he stuck to the deal his predecessor made (and people cheered for, that includes me) isn't all good either.

It was a recipe for failure from the jump.

If we could've kept the peace with 2,500 troops and air-cover, we should have. I just hope and pray that it doesn't turn into a bloodbath because then, IMHO we've no choice but to go back in.

He's the President and the buck stops there. He was handed a drek covered football and then had to quarterback the game. To just dump all of the blame in Biden's lap because he stuck to the deal his predecessor made (and people cheered for, that includes me) isn't all good either.

It was a recipe for failure from the jump.

If we could've kept the peace with 2,500 troops and air-cover, we should have. I just hope and pray that it doesn't turn into a bloodbath because then, IMHO we've no choice but to go back in.

I think that’s my biggest issue. He is saying two things at once. “The buck stops here” and “this is the best possible outcome and I assume no responsibility for what is happening”. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

It bothers me that he “stuck to the plan” while criticizing the plan. If Trump was an idiot(he was) why “stick to his plan”? If he didn’t stick to it to a T(which he didn’t) he deserves blame. And rightfully so.

It’s a horrid situation and I think you and I are aligned on this. It just sucks. I never have faith in any elected leaders no matter who — and these are reasons why.

fuck kind of nonsense answer is this?
explain yourself.

It shows how disingenuous SOME people are. When the Kurds were left to be slaughtered by ISIS, I didn't see a whole lot of people who are of "a certain political leaning" complain about them being left high and dry, regardless of the fact that they were in a different country.

It just strikes me as odd that some people are freaking out about 1st generation equipment that was left behind in the hands of the Afghan government who happened to give away the whole ball of wax.

There is not one F-15/F-16/FA-18/F-22/F-23 pilot losing sleep over an Afghan A-29.

OIP.mjLDDpXi-KpAZf5JH6EefQHaEb

Yes, that is indeed a propeller on the front.

It shows how disingenuous SOME people are. When the Kurds were left to be slaughtered by ISIS, I didn't see a whole lot of people who are of "a certain political leaning" complain about them being left high and dry, regardless of the fact that they were in a different country.

It just strikes me as odd that some people are freaking out about 1st generation equipment that was left behind in the hands of the Afghan government who happened to give away the whole ball of wax.

There is not one F-15/F-16/FA-18/F-22/F-23 pilot losing sleep over an Afghan A-29.

OIP.mjLDDpXi-KpAZf5JH6EefQHaEb

Yes, that is indeed a propeller on the front.
i don't know who you speak of, but that wasn't me. i actually was in Erbil so claiming i am someone who doesn';t care is wrong. and my whole point in criticizing the clip is that it is so not giving a fuck american type response that it is actually disgusting. yeah, all those people that might get killed by the taliban using fresh weapons and ammo left behind by the us sure are grateful american f16s aren't afraid of that little old plane left behind.

Biden stated that the Taliban and Al Qaida are sworn enemies.

That’s bullshit, and I think he knows it.

i don't know who you speak of, but that wasn't me. i actually was in Erbil so claiming i am someone who doesn';t care is wrong. and my whole point in criticizing the clip is that it is so not giving a fuck american type response that it is actually disgusting. yeah, all those people that might get killed by the taliban using fresh weapons and ammo left behind by the us sure are grateful american f16s aren't afraid of that little old plane left behind.

It's not about "not giving a f*ck". What I'm saying is that the equipment left behind was expendable. You know and I know that anything the U.S.A. leaves behind that happens to be top of the line will be scuttled before the first helo lifts off.

An F-16? What Block is it? I can guarantee you that it's not F-16 Block 70/72 (the current version). Plus if they tried to feel froggy, they'd never see the Raptor that shoots them down. Raptors are stealth, F-16's are not. Will some guns and night vision be taken, yes, without a doubt.

Night Vision-Night Vision Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.comNight Vision

That's the first link on night vision from Alibaba and they ship worldwide. Let's not even go there when it comes to firearms.

My point is that the 1st Gen. equipment we left for the Afghan government to defend their country was turned over to the Taliban when they surrendered. They turned it over after we left it for them to defend their country.

They were probably just sick and tired of 20 years of war. It was their country and their decision and we're all going to have to learn to live with it.

For good or ill.

Back