Takedowns/Throws From the Clinch?

M

MTJJ_PuMpED

what takedowns or throws from the clinch do you find most usefull without gi?

Best throw I can muster is an uchimata if I can manage to get a whizzer on the right arm and control the opposite wrist.

The other one I try to look for is the sag throw. They're my favorites at the moment.

Get the side of your hip right behind their hip and hip toss them with your upper body. Works every time.

Ko-Soto-Gari. Stick my leg in between theirs and hook the foot of the side that goes down, push body into it, tip him over that way.

VanDamme said:
Best throw I can muster is an uchimata if I can manage to get a whizzer on the right arm and control the opposite wrist.

The other one I try to look for is the sag throw. They're my favorites at the moment.

Yup on the whizzer: I overhook the guys left arm, grab his right wrist, uchimata, osoto, or harai.
I'm pretty sure you're saying the exact same thing VanDamme.

What is the "sag throw?" Wrestling term?

i like the basic head and arm hip toss if i can set it up..there are a few other i use but i dont know the judo term for them.

Hiza Guruma (Knee wheel) and Harai Goshi are the two no-gi throws I get the most from the clinch.

I usually get a head and arm hip toss or a regular hip toss. I love to use whizzers to set up one arm throws (don't know the Japanese name for it). I overhook their left arm and act as if I'm attempting a throw and when they resist I come under the same arm with my left and complete the throw. It's difficult and doesn't always work but when it does... it is sweet.

Bubble Boy said:
Yup on the whizzer: I overhook the guys left arm, grab his right wrist, uchimata, osoto, or harai.
I'm pretty sure you're saying the exact same thing VanDamme.

What is the "sag throw?" Wrestling term?

Nogueira brothers attempt the sag throw alot, but the last mast with Shogun turned it into more of a guard pull than a takedown.

Basically its done from the over under clinch. Say I have left hand under, right hand over. I try to connect my hands behind my opponents lower back (pinching his let arm to his body in the process). Now, what I try to do is lift up with my left underhook, pinch my opponents arm to his body with the right overhooks, and use my head on the right side of my body. All these together should do the job of loading up all the weight on his left foot, which I try to drive through and do a simple trip with my right leg.

underhooks and trip them over leading to the mount the most easssiest is the hip toss

My two favourite throws from the clinch are definately harai goshi and ouchi gari. Like most of you are saying i also do harai goshi with an overhook on the left arm. the same way kharitanov threw ninja.

Im also starting to land a lot of sumi gaeshi's if i can hook the head in the same position as for a guillotine

underhooks are over-rated...let them take underhooks and think they got it made..then lock up their arms and drop to your side..one of my favorite wrestling moves from my college years..it works allmost every time on people of different sizes...also the head and arm and double leg pick work wonders from the clinch...i'm not to keen on any judo moves but my greco and folk takedowns are good, and i promise u cant go wrong with these

Back