Takeaways from UFC 228

This card delivered big time. All the douches complaining about it before it even happened don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Abraham Lincolnmegadov who looked like he just walked out of a cypt did nasty things culminating in pulling a leg up like it's a rotten tree stump and bending it backwards over the guy's head until he felt his hamstrings being ripped to shreds. Tyron 'Mr. Excitement' Woodley dominantly retained his title via aggression, a powerful right hand & wizard grappling ending with some combination D'arce / Magic choke.

Fight of the night: Aldana-Pudilova - a bloody epic mess. KO of the night: Jessica Andrade. Performance of the night: Tatiana Khabiba Suarez. All ya'all who whine like babies about women's fights can suck it. Re-watch Rivera-Dodson and go back to sleep.
In general I agree about the protesting about women's fights. However in this case it was understandable since Shevchenko, one of the WMMA stars whose truly revered for her technical skills and fight prowess was screwed out of a title fight in one of the most obscene displays of unprofessionalism and possible fight ducking we've ever seen. That caused a certain level of jadedness when it comes to WMMA fights. But I do concur that it led to the other 3 WMMA fights being overlooked which was unfortunate.

I mean, Woodley's defense, Andraade KK, Aldana Pudilova, Magomedshapirov Davis, Alhassan Price, all of them delivered in their own right. Whereas 24 hours ago there was yet more speculation UFC is done for due to a supposed inability to put together worthwhile fights.

Sterling, Andrade and Suarez really stood out. They will fight for the title soon.

Woodley is the real deal and will challenge GSPs title reign.

Miller and Diego winning felt really good. Hope they find some good fights for them.

Agree to disagree, I think Colby's volume will give Tyron fits. Volume and pressure over technique in this one.
I think the volume is what gives him a early nap from a counter

Hespect your opinion tho, my guy

Back