Take-Two to Release 93 Games in Next 5 Years

MCS

Tech
@Steel
Reaction score
https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-new...asing-93-games-in-the-next-five-years-2672883

"47 of the total 93 planned games would come from existing franchises, while the remaining 46 would be new IP. 72 of these games are planned for some combination of console, PC and/or streaming, and 21 would be specifically for mobile.

Take-Two president Karl Slatoff broke down the nature of its planned 93 games. 63 of these titles would be core experiences, 17 would be mid-core titles, and 13 would be considered casual games. 67 of these titles would be paid games, while 26 would be free-to-play.

Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said the upcoming five-year plan includes sequels from our biggest franchises as well as exciting new IP”.

Take-Two’s upcoming release schedule will feature games from all of its studios, although no specific titles were revealed. The company also noted that its current fiscal year, ending in March 2021, will be light on releases, but it expects to release an “array of titles” in Fiscal 2022."

Any idea what those titles look like?

Gonna get some pretty cool, yet often microtransaction-laden games.

Pumped for Mafia, let us see a good trend for once!

There is no way you can release quality games on a schedule like this. Expect about 90/93 trash titles and a maybe 3 good ones.

About 18 a year? Really depends on how many developers are being used. The publisher side of things can be stretched that far.

46 would be new IP

i'd like to be optimistic about this, but i have a feeling this includes most of the 13 "casual" and 26 f2p games...

the 93 over 5 years isn't that big when you take sportsball games into account. edit: wait, do they still make sportsball games?

i'd like to be optimistic about this, but i have a feeling this includes most of the 13 "casual" and 26 f2p games...

the 93 over 5 years isn't that big when you take sportsball games into account. edit: wait, do they still make sportsball games?
They won't be AAA releases. But Rockstar releases titles sparsely. Maybe it has to do with Houser leaving, change in approach. I was thinking remasters and sequels to already great titles, but there are no confirmations of such. Maybe there's a gem like their Table Tennis among those smaller releases (although it was reportedly to test GTA 4 engine).

If you look at their capacity they do take their time compared to others. It has only grown. A nice release twice a year would be welcome.

Their sports releases are about as barebones as you can get in terms of updates, or development time. NBA 2k20 is 2k19 with the same coat of paint, but with new features like.........

They could release 10 of those a year and require little work. The funniest things are the dev diaries for those games, where they try to convince you that they're upgrading the engine, improving ball handling, etc almost exclusively using corporate buzzwords.

I know this sounds like a lot, but has anyone stopped to do the math to see how this compares to any five year span for any of the large publishers? Like how many games has EA released since 2015? Or Ubisoft? Or 2K itself for that matter?

If it's Rockstar I hope they put out another racing game. Midnight Club or whatever.

GTA has pretty good driving but it doesn't go real deep. And the engine isn't optimized for high speed travel. That's why cars in that game max out at something equivalent to like 120mph.

They should put out another full on racing game. With real car tuning.

If it's Rockstar I hope they put out another racing game. Midnight Club or whatever.

GTA has pretty good driving but it doesn't go real deep. And the engine isn't optimized for high speed travel. That's why cars in that game max out at something equivalent to like 120mph.

They should put out another full on racing game. With real car tuning.
I would play the shit out of a new Midnight Club. Thatd be a day one purchase for me

I know this sounds like a lot, but has anyone stopped to do the math to see how this compares to any five year span for any of the large publishers? Like how many games has EA released since 2015? Or Ubisoft? Or 2K itself for that matter?
It sounds like a lot because it's a ridiculous amount.

From 2015-2019 Ubisoft published 46 games: half that amount. If you count only base games (not the endless DLC like for the Sims) EA developed or published fewer than 60, and that's with all those mindless annual sports updates.

These are considered the two great spammers of the industry.

It sounds like a lot because it's a ridiculous amount.

From 2015-2019 Ubisoft published 46 games: half that amount. If you count only base games (not the endless DLC like for the Sims) EA developed or published fewer than 60, and that's with all those mindless annual sports updates.

These are considered the two great spammers of the industry.

Ok. I wasn’t trying to be an ass, it was a legitimate question about whether or not 93 really is a shit ton or if it’s roughly average or just slightly above average for the large publishers. You’ve answered my question. Thanks.

Ok. I wasn’t trying to be an ass, it was a legitimate question about whether or not 93 really is a shit ton or if it’s roughly average or just slightly above average for the large publishers. You’ve answered my question. Thanks.
That's all I sought to do. This is really absurd. Even by Gameloft standards this is absurd.

Nothing good will come of it.

That's all I sought to do. This is really absurd. Even by Gameloft standards this is absurd.

Nothing good will come of it.
Not even a Vice City Remake?

giphy.webp

Back