Media Take It In, And Apply It ~ Anthony Joshua

I think AJ has enough pride to not make excuses and the concussion was legit.
Hell he looked like someone who recently suffered a concussion.

Why would Joshua put this video out?

If he’s serious about boxing and being undisputed champ, he should be back in the gym trying to plug the holes in his game and working on how to put Ruiz away.

This reeks of more media management and setting himself up for his post boxing career (which will be pretty much non existent IMO - without the HW champ cache, Joshua is a pretty boring guy).

Horseshit.

I don't think it's the end of the world if he loses the rematch. He has a huge fan base and fighters have recovered from similar setbacks. ( Most of MAB's best wins were after the jnr jones fights). Some guys just match up really well against others

I don't think it's the end of the world if he loses the rematch. He has a huge fan base and fighters have recovered from similar setbacks. ( Most of MAB's best wins were after the jnr jones fights). Some guys just match up really well against others
Exactly. Just 'cause Ruiz is better than Joshua, it doesn't mean Joshua wouldn't be able to beat Wilder or Fury. Ruiz could be the best heavyweight in the world right now and we're just underestimating him completely.

If he’s serious about boxing and being undisputed champ, he should be back in the gym trying to plug the holes in his game and working on how to put Ruiz away.

This reeks of more media management and setting himself up for his post boxing career (which will be pretty much non existent IMO - without the HW champ cache, Joshua is a pretty boring guy).

Horseshit.
Did you even watch it or nah? You can tell most of this was filmed before the fight even happened.

What does it say?
That he's asking who he is, but even with no belts he's still more well known than anyone else at heavyweight. I'm only poking fun anyway.

Did you even watch it or nah? You can tell most of this was filmed before the fight even happened.

Yeah I watched it. Professionally done of course, but putting out a video with slow motion shots of yourself being put on your ass and ‘quitting’ in the corner just seems odd to me, even if we are supposed to be amazed at how self reflective and in tune to his emotions Joshua is.

That he's asking who he is, but even with no belts he's still more well known than anyone else at heavyweight. I'm only poking fun anyway.
Haha I get you don't worry. I'm getting so tired of the shenanigans I don'tkeep track of this stuff. I just watch the fights these days.

Yeah I watched it. Professionally done of course, but putting out a video with slow motion shots of yourself being put on your ass and ‘quitting’ in the corner just seems odd to me, even if we are supposed to be amazed at how self reflective and in tune to his emotions Joshua is.
I just don't really understand the point of hating on AJ for this tbh. I'm sure AJ is training and game planning with his coaches, and very focused on getting his belts back. Most of this was before the fight or the night of, with a couple minutes of him reflecting edited in. I doubt it's taking time away from training or anything like that, y'know what I mean?

I just don't really understand the point of hating on AJ for this tbh. I'm sure AJ is training and game planning with his coaches, and very focused on getting his belts back. Most of this was before the fight or the night of, with a couple minutes of him reflecting edited in. I doubt it's taking time away from training or anything like that, y'know what I mean?

It’s not the time it takes, more just a reflection on the mindset of someone who still keeps so carefully managing his media profile after such a devastating (IMO) loss.

It’s not the time it takes, more just a reflection on the mindset of someone who still keeps so carefully managing his media profile after such a devastating (IMO) loss.
I'm sure it's Hearn putting it out there to help promote the fight too. I think a lot of people think he's a fake or whatever, but I think that's just how he is. He's humble, self reflective, doesn't make excuses, and is comfortable within his own skin to put it out there, and I guess people just don't like that.

On reflection AJ always seemed as much about the business as the fighting. He's set for life now anyway, not everyone can go down in history as a great champion.

He’s a young guy in HW terms, and hasn’t been boxing that long. He can still improve. It wouldn’t be the end for him, but it would be a long road back

I think he has to take the rematch if he still has designs on being undisputed. If he doesn’t Ruiz could lose or the belts could be split up. He can’t take that risk

Horseshit.
Because this isnt a Rocky film and top fighters/superstars dont just lock themselves in a gym for half a year and hope their fight sells well. Duh.

Back