T.J Grant. What could have been?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
rE_HmnGOWS2D48fF7C41p2-0ERhbi4b332FVUIpPRT3oz4OGYjjJ6RDX9EJQv1APNCiAO3RxvWJ0rdT0P7uFjMIcrht2MFZBbz6M3j91NxTod6_nAw

The only case i can think of where a contender retired when his next fight would be for a belt. It's a shame about them concussions. Dude was peaking too. Would he have beaten Benson Henderson?

maynard.gif

would have been a wasted title shot 10 years ago, would be looked at as a waste of a title shot similar to patrick cote, or patrick cummins

This is the third TJ Grant thread I've seen in the past week, motherfucker gets more attention now than when he was still fighting.
Because we are still waiting for his damn title shot

would have been a wasted title shot 10 years ago, would be looked at as a waste of a title shot similar to patrick cote, or patrick cummins
The way he wrecked Maynard can't be ignored. Maynard still looked sharp in that fight, was still with a top camp, was ranked the #1 LW in the world and his only losses were to Edgar in those titlefights.

Grant had the best muay thai in the division and his hands looked better everytime. A waste? Me thinks not. Cote and Cummins were one dimensional. Grant had great BJJ and nasty standup. Was also used to fighting bigger dudes since he dropped down to LW from WW.

This saga really is incredible.

Pettis was originally scheduled to fight Aldo at UFC 163 in Brazil, and Henderson was scheduled to fight Grant at UFC 164 in Milwaukee.

When it was announced that Pettis was "injured" for UFC 163, but could fight at 164 in his hometown, it seemed like shenanigans were going on and that Grant was being robbed of his title shot.

The fact that TJ Grant retired and never returned to active competition remains one of the biggest "what ifs" in UFC history.

Also, I believed: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...t-over-maynard-and-why.2471783/#post-83141297

Did this guy make recent headlines or something?

Back