• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sydney McLaughlin is the most dominant athlete alive; most dominant track star of the 21st century

Anyone mention Michael Johnson's comments regarding the accuracy of timing at the WC?

i think we’ll see them broken within probably the next 5 or 6 years. erriyon knighton is coming.

Knighton has the look of a guy who will be packing on more pounds as he matures, how will that effect his sprinting?

Bolt;s 6-5 stride had him hitting his top end/max velocity later in his races than normal sprinters hit, so his decelleration phase was almost non existant. Special sprinter not unlike Tommie Smith who also had that late race top end/non existant decelleration phase.

Bolt did it for a decade in multiple non-can events while pulling up and celebrating with 20m to go.

McLaughlin is definitely impressive though.
Not even her specialty and she's shitting on the world:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/oth...Marita Koch holds the,48 seconds in the event.
On Sunday, she capped off the United States' 13-gold-medal performance at the 2022 World Athletics Championships by anchoring the final leg of the women's 4x400-meter relay. There, she helped secure a third consecutive gold medal for the U.S. women with a blazing split of 47.91 seconds.

400-meter world record
McLaughlin is no guarantee to beat the world record in the 400, but she could be close.

Germany's Marita Koch holds the women's world record at 47.60 seconds, which she set in 1985. Koch is the last female sprinter to post a time under 48 seconds in the event. The closest anyone has come since then is Bahraini sprinter Salwa Eid Naser, who posted the world's third-fastest time, 48.14, in the 2019 Doha World Athletic Championships.

McLaughlin's split of 47.91 would already make her the second-fastest sprinter in the 400 in women's history, coming in just ahead of Czech sprinter Jarmila Kratochvílová, who ran a then-record 47.99 in 1983.

This year, the world-leading time has come from the Bahamas' Shaunae Miller-Uibo, who won the World Athletic Championships 400 in 49.11.

McLaughlin's personal record in the 400 is 50.07, which she ran in 2018 at the Florida Relays.

You should compare splits with splits there bud. You should know the difference. She did not run the second fastest 400m in history. I’ll let you go ahead and educate yourself on that.

She’s great and has promise to be very dominant. But no, she’s nowhere near what Bolt accomplished.
I didn't say she did, nor did the article I quoted, but LOL, if this is the hill you want to die on, go ahead.

She ran a faster relay leg than all but three other women in history. The first of those women is the world record holder in the event. The second holds the longest-standing outdoor track world record on the books in the 800m, and is widely suspected of being more doped to the gills than Florence Griffith. The third & final woman anchored the leg of the Olympic gold-medal winning world record 4x400m relay time that stands to this day over three decades later thanks to her beating FloJo in that final leg.

In an event in which Sidney doesn't compete. This would be like Bolt casually strolling out and putting up a faster 110m Hurdle time than all but three men in history. Yeah, not impressive at all. :rolleyes:

I didn't say she did, nor did the article I quoted, but LOL, if this is the hill you want to die on, go ahead.

She ran a faster relay leg than all but three other women in history. The first of those women is the world record holder in the event. The second holds the longest-standing outdoor track world record on the books in the 800m, and is widely suspected of being more doped to the gills than Florence Griffith. The third & final woman anchored the leg of the still standing Olympic gold-medal winning world record 4x400m relay time that stands to this day over three decades later thanks to her beating FloJo in that final leg.

In an event in which she doesn't compete. This would be like Bolt casually strolling out and putting up a faster 110m Hurdle time than all but three men in history. Yeah, not impressive at all. :rolleyes:

Of course you said it. You highlighted it as if the statement was true. You trying to write a bunch of nonsense to justify your lack of knowledge is amusing though. This is the hill you’re dying on.

I get that she’s cute and you have a bit of a crush but try to put things in perspective. She’s nowhere near what Bolt accomplished. And I never said she isn’t impressive. Learning to read is important. :rolleyes:

Of course you said it. You highlighted it as if the statement was true. You trying to write a bunch of nonsense to justify your lack of knowledge is amusing though. This is the hill you’re dying on.

I get that she’s cute and you have a bit of a crush but try to put things in perspective. She’s nowhere near what Bolt accomplished. And I never said she isn’t impressive. Learning to read is important. :rolleyes:
LOL, are you new to the forum? I was a competitive swimmer. Relays splits in swimming are even more drastically improved by an active start than those in track, and I've discussed that explicitly on this forum. The only person lacking in reading comprehension is you. It highlights a hypothetical comparison of her split to the established times, not other splits, and I drew eyes to that juxtaposition.
tumblr_inline_pap5xpq6ak1tvyhwt_400.gifv

LOL, are you new to the forum? I was a competitive swimmer. Relays splits in swimming are even more drastically improved by an active start than those in track, and I've discussed that explicitly on this forum. The only person lacking in reading comprehension is you. It highlights a hypothetical comparison of her split to the established times, not other splits, and I drew eyes to that juxtaposition.
tumblr_inline_pap5xpq6ak1tvyhwt_400.gifv

I understand you’re upset and want to tell me your life story of swimming when you were 5, but no one cares. You were wrong. The statement is nonsense. You didn’t realize it. I don’t care if you were a ballerina, which seems far more plausible. Try learning and thinking instead of desperately going through your thesaurus.

Oh and by the way, her name is Sydney, not Sidney. You should know that for your first date with her. Lol. Dumbass.

I understand you’re upset and want to tell me your life story of swimming when you were 5, but no one cares. You were wrong. The statement is nonsense. You didn’t realize it. I don’t care if you were a ballerina, which seems far more plausible. Try learning and thinking instead of desperately going through your thesaurus.

Oh and by the way, her name is Sydney, not Sidney. You should know that for your first date with her. Lol. Dumbass.
Suck Bolt's nob all you want, I know the real reason you hate the girl, so let's cut to the jib.
https://worldathletics.org/competit...ss-releases/athletes-world-shine-wch-oregon22
The USA team broke the record for the most medals at a single championships, earning 33 in total, 13 of them gold.
490.png

glen-davis-lick-lips.gif

Suck Bolt's nob all you want, I know the real reason you hate the girl, so let's cut to the jib.
https://worldathletics.org/competit...ss-releases/athletes-world-shine-wch-oregon22

490.png

glen-davis-lick-lips.gif

Yeah I hate her so much I said she’s great, dominant etc. In relation to someone like Bolt, no she isn’t there yet. That’s just reality. You’re a hilarious disaster. In the future, when you say something stupid just own up to it instead of constantly looking like a dumbass.

<36>

50 flat is legit without hurdles for HS boys. So that is nuts.

Sad to say, I would have beat her back in 1997. Boys and girls are different. Lia Thomas shouldn't be swimming against girls.

I do have to say though that she's training with Bob Kersee(Flojo's trainer) does make me a little suspicious.

She hasn't proved it on the big stage of the Olympic

Bolt is still more dominant

The girl is doing things we have never seen before in her event, and she isn't done yet. I do expect her to tire of being so far superior to the competition she does look for new challenges but not until she wins another Olympic gold in 2024.

Look at this, not even Bolt was this dominant as far as times went.

All-time womens best 400 m hurdles

1 50.68 Sydney McLaughlin USA 07.08.99 1 Eugene 22.07.2022
2 51.41 Sydney McLaughlin USA 07.08.99 1 Eugene 25.06.2022
3 51.46 Sydney McLaughlin USA 07.08.99 1 Tokyo 04.08.2021
4 51.58 Dalilah Muhammad USA 07.02.90 2 Tokyo 04.08.2021
5 51.61 Sydney McLaughlin USA 07.08.99 1 Nashville 05.06.2022
6 51.90 Sydney McLaughlin USA 07.08.99 1 Eugene 27.06.2021
7 52.03 Femke Bol NED 23.02.00 3 Tokyo 04.08.2021
8 52.16 Dalilah Muhammad USA 07.02.90 1 Ad-Dawhah 04.10.2019
9 52.17 Sydney McLaughlin USA 07.08.99 1s3 Eugene 20.07.2022
10 52.20 Dalilah Muhammad USA 07.02.90 1 Des Moines 28.07.2019
11 52.23 Sydney McLaughlin USA 07.08.99 2 Ad-Dawhah 04.10.2019